All reviews front desk bridal suite primavera restaurant bagels the hotel staff complimentary breakfast first floor sales manager wonderful hotel rooms are large wilshire grand wedding guests snow storm the general manager new jersey fridge and microwave business trip
Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

I stayed for 2 nights on a business trip. The plus side: the hotel is tastefully decorated throughout, rooms are clean, toiletries are of good quality, the bathroom is very spacious and senior-friendly. The staff are extremely helpful- they are the highlight of my experience in this hotel.

The tricks they missed, at least for me: first, my window doesn’t open so the room gets stuffy very quickly. Unfortunately the aircon is VERY loud — so my choices were either to have a very loud noise or a very stuffy room. On the first night I chose the first ... and I regretted it so much as I woke up with a bad sore throat and signs of infection. I was completely healthy the day before, and while inconclusive one has to wonder why I suddenly caught an illness after a whole night of breathing circulated air from this aircon. On the second night I chose the stuffy room, and thankfully there was no sore throat this time ... but the damage was done.

Second, the coffee in the room. I ran the coffee maker but it produced a transparent liquid, more like a tea ... undrinkable. The coffee in the breakfast area is better, but still only approaching average.

So it hasn’t been a great experience for me .. the two things I need the most on an exhausting business trip are a good night’s sleep and a good coffee in the morning, and this hotel didn’t provide either.

I would also suggest that the hotel upholds its own pledge to conserve water by only washing towels on the floor .. I hung my towel on the rack, thinking of reusing it as I only stay for two nights, but it still was replaced by a fresh towel.

One last thing, if the manager is reading... I think you need to move those turtles to a bigger outdoor pond. They look like they were trying to escape the aquarium!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank gingermint35
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Dear gingermint35,
I am sorry you felt we missed the mark. It's typical in this area for multi floor buildings to not have windows that open. The in room coffee service is Wolfgang Puck, I've never gotten a complaint about it before so I will investigate the issue thoroughly I assure you. We have plenty of coffee free to guests in our lobby including espresso and cappuccino if one is looking for a more fancy coffee...Our lobby coffee is Maxwell House. One of the best and most consistent in my mind. I have reviewed the towel hanging with my housekeeping team as well. Sometimes during the training process this kind of thing can get missed, I'm sorry. Regarding our turtles, they're happy, well fed and fine...this bit of exercise is common for water turtles (sliders) and they get monitoring and annual check ups by one of the best reptile vets in the northeast, even someone with NJ Fish and Game has commented how well they are maintained. Granted however, if they get much bigger we may need a bigger tank in a few years!

Reviewed 12 October 2018

Hotel was wonderful! Staff attentive! Room was spotless! Great breakfast with array of food selections! First time in the area. They had a great transportation service BKlimousine to transport you to where you need to go. I was there for a business trip and stayed one night. You feel very safe.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank bettylou2017

Dear bettylou2017,

Thank you for posting your review with Tripadvisor. I will let Jon with BK know of your review as well.

Much appreciated!

Reviewed 8 October 2018

Absolutely loved my stay at The Wilshire Grand Hotel. I hardly ever leave reviews but I think this hotel deserves it. The hotel is super clean and with amazing amenities, welcome champagne to a large buffet breakfast. I stayed for one night on the first floor and I was a little nervous since there was an event happening in their banquet room. I did not hear a single person walking by or being loud once. I will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: quiet wings
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank silmacg

Dear silmacg,

Thank you kindly for posting this review on Tripadvisor. My team and I work diligently to leave a positive impression

Thanks for noticing!

Reviewed 26 September 2018

We were traveling on the road and found this hotel online and decided to stop for the night. It is in a nice residential area, was well maintained and the room was very comfortable. A big bathroom, good soaps, very quiet and wonderful staff.

Room Tip: Great Italian restaurant on the property
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Altonite,

Thank you for making us aware of your stay satisfaction and posting your review with TripAdvisor

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Very friendly staff and accommodating to pets. They even have a dog park area and rooms with direct access. However the first room in the pet wing right near the breakfast area, lobby, and lounge is very loud. Try to stay at the end of the hall.

We enjoyed the breakfast outside on the patio. It’s a big place hosting many events. The connected restaurant/ bar is outdated.

There is abundant parking. Not much nearby other than strip malls.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Dear AlliHossack,
Thanks so much for posting your review. Happy to say I expect to see some pretty nice changes in the bar and restaurant in the next few months. The food at Primavera is completely amazing however!

Thank you!!