“Business travel with friendly staff and security!”

The Wilshire Grand Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in West Orange
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Such a pleasant surprise to be welcomed by Juan and then upgraded by Mario after a long day of work and airport fun!

It's a quick 20 minutes from Newark, and a reasonable uber fare. The room is quiet, clean and comfy.

The most delightful surprise is The Primavera restaurant on the property is OVER THE TOP delicious and at 9:15pm they didn't mind that I plugged in my laptop to catch up with my work! The bar tender, America is serious and charming and Jose just kept bringing out the delicious food! Their homemade bread, house salad and bowl of soup are amazing!

HIGHLY recommend this hotel and restaurant!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Dear Cathleen G,
Thank you so very much for posting this wonderful review of yours on TripAdvisor! I'll be sure that Mario and Juan are thanked for their hospitality as well!

Ed Reagoso, general manager

Reviewed 16 October 2017

.....it is a very noisy property. We were located on the first floor, and it was very noisy. I can understand hearing the breakfast room----I can understand hearing people walking by---what I can't understand is staff members calling back and forth to one another from the lobby to the hallway after 11PM at night. There are several signs located on the first floor requesting that people be considerate and not be noisy. I didn't hear too many patrons being excessively noisy---it was staff. Otherwise, it is a beautiful, well-apportioned place to stay. It's an easy walk to several restaurants, or there is a restaurant on site. We would have eaten there but there was a function going on. The breakfast was very good---many choices, and the hot food was hot. The room was spacious and nicely decorated.

Room Tip: I don't know about the noise on other floors, but stay away from the first floor!!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear marigail,
Thanks for posting your review. I can't believe we missed a "5" on this one! I am really sorry about the noise. Unfortunately this is a bit typical for most hotels on Saturday nights because of the weddings and parties taking place. I would suggest anyone using TripAdvisor to check the "room tips" section for hotels you may books at. This may have been prevented had you been aware and requested a different floor. I have investigated this and I really can't imagine anyone on my team yelling...we really have better etiquette
than that. If you have some specifics I would love to hear them so I might address the issue. Thanks for your comments! We ARE listening.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

after attending a morning wedding the guests were asked to join the newlyweds back to their hotel, The Wilshire Grand Hotel. After a couple more drinks then expected we decided to stay. One of the guests had had a family emergency and needed to cancel their room, the concierge advised them the best was half a return on the $200.00 room. We then took their room to spare them the expense. The room was a king with a pull out couch, large and clean. A roomy bathroom is always a plus. Unfortunately the open breakfast was a disappointment. the area was dirty and some anemities empty. The employee seemed bothered by the guests.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Dear DianeCT17,
Thanks for posting your review. I'm sorry you felt the breakfast was a disappointment. I'm not sure what time you got there but I would love to speak with you to discuss more of the specifics. I can be reached on my direct line 862-252-8440 if you'd be kind enough to speak with me directly.

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

This was my second stay at the hotel and since I was traveling alone I knew it would be a good choice due to the friendly welcoming staff in the lobby, the assistance I received on my last stay, and the clean comfortable rooms. This trip was no exception and Larry was very helpful and knowledgeable. I should mention the location of the hotel is nice and the area is quiet but you are close to many places you might want or need to go. The service really makes a lasting impression and I plan to return next time I am in New Jersey

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo

Dear julianamarie1,
Thank you kindly for posting your review on TripAdvisor. My team and I truly appreciate it and I will see that Larry knows he did well by you.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

I'm getting married in 2019 and although it seems far,
I felt that I needed to get a head start. I was recommended by a friend who had the pleasure of working with Nelsy Payano on her wedding day and raved about her attention to detail and outbeat personality. I stayed in the Wilshire for one night to get a feel of the hospitality and grounds of the hotel for my future special day. I dropped in to meet with Nelsy and although we didn't have an appointment she was extremely welcoming, charismatic and made my wedding plans seem like her own. The Wilshire was just what myself and fiancée were looking for classy, welcoming, charming and incredibly clean. In addition, the morning breakfast was just full of variety. I can't wait to create amazing memories in the Wilshire.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarineNYC2003

Dear MarineNYC2003,
Such a wonderful review. Thank you very much for posting this on TripAdvisor! I'll be sure Nelsy sees this as well. And thank you again for memorializing your stay with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Orange
15.2 km away
The Kenilworth Hotel
The Kenilworth Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kenilworth

Been to The Wilshire Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!