All reviews front desk bridal suite primavera restaurant bagels wedding weekend the hotel staff complimentary breakfast first floor sales manager wonderful hotel rooms are large wilshire grand wedding guests snow storm the general manager new jersey fridge and microwave
Reviewed 26 September 2017

Spacious room on first floor with small patio opening to pet friendly courtyard. However, the dog in the room next to us barked constantly. Management informed me that pets are not to be left alone in rooms.

Room Tip: "Higher floors have less A/C unit noise"
1  Thank Barbara D
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Dear Barbara D,
Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. Guests truly are not supposed to leave their pet in the rooms alone. I am so very sorry. Please contact me directly at 862-252-8440 so I may have the opportunity to do something special for you because of the inconvenience.
Ed Reagoso, Gen Mgr

Reviewed 26 September 2017

We are frequent guests at the Wilshire Grant Hotel in West Orange, NJ. The hotel is in close proximity to most Houses of Worship making it convenient and luxury comfortable at the same time. The Management and Staff are seamless in their consistent commitment to Excellence of Service. Larry Benus, Sales Manager and his sales team of Amanda and Nelsy, bend backwards in their efforts to book rooms for us, even when the hotel is completely booked. He will watch the occupancy throughout the days and weeks of a busy upcoming holiday for any cancellations so that others needing a room or additional nights can be accommodated. Kwaku, the Front Desk Manager is sensitive to requests for room location. We prefer our rooms on the first floor near the front desk/lobby to limit walking for my elderly father. We have been warned to understand there might be noise on the first floor from the many marriage parties and attending wedding guests on the weekends. We have never experienced any disturbing noise on the weekends whatsoever. In fact, it is extremely pleasant to be in the environment of all these happy people in a festive mood for the occurring marriages. Brianna at the Front Desk reception is to be noted for finding an important business calendar that my wife dropped in the front of the hotel. Brianna retrieved the calendar, called me on my cellphone to alert me, and saved the day. Needless to say, the housekeeping staff keeps the hotel immaculate and are both friendly and congenial under the professional but kind managerial style of John Mendoza the Housekeeping Manager.
We are Kosher and cannot partake of the complimentary breakfast, but the Food and Beverage looks delicious, and the other guests are observed as being very pleased with the offerings. The Breakfast Lady, Florence who also maintains the Lobby Area takes great pride in her area and work. She is fastidious and detail oriented in making sure the cutlery, cups, etc. are always stocked and the guests are happy. Finally credit must be given to the General Manager, Ed Reagoso who is responsible for the staff performance par excellence. The trickle down effect of such stellar, friendly people who make up the Wilshire Grand Hotel cannot be coincidental. It is a product of both good hiring and training practices established by the GM, Ed Reagoso.
Thank you again Wilshire Grand Hotel Staff.

Room Tip: First Floor is most convenient for us
1  Thank rsp2222

DEAR rsp2222,

This was so very kind of you to post. You are so very welcome! We love having you and your wonderful family with us. I will be sure to share this review with the team and thank you so much for memorializing your stays with us!
Ed Reagoso, Gen Mgr

Reviewed 25 September 2017

After check in, we up to room and found room service dishes and glasses outside
our door at 3pm. I then went down stairs to check in desk and ask if they can
have someone remove items. They said they would call house keeping and have them removed. House keeping were on our floor still cleaning other rooms and ignored th dirty items. Our room had some kind of fruit flies in bath room that was annoying when in room. The smoke detector was hanging down the wall. The breakfast room the next morning had popcorn on one table and over the floor. When we went to check out the dirty room service items were still outside our door.

Room Tip: Noisey on our floor and over priced.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Dear Dennis L,
Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. Looks like we missed the mark. I so regret when a reviewer doesn't take a moment to speak with the manager prior to checking out if they feel the service wasn't up to par. We would much rather be reading what we did to fix the issue vs. just hearing the complaint. I am very sorry. Please know that today I regrouped with our executive housekeepers and our maintenance staff and reviewed your comments and how things should have gone during your stay. Thank you,

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Extremely pleased with our night here after a late flight from JFK. Booked thru Hotwire and was very pleased with our reservation. Staff was very friendly and accommodating, breakfast was excellent serving warm and cold items. They had a Nespresso Coffee machine to make the espressos and cappuccinos that you would like. Beds were extremely comfortable and clean. Bathroom was very clean, hotel had modern and upscale features throughout, highly recommend!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Dear lalasgonepostal,
Thank you so very much for posting your review with TripAdvisor. Your words are truly appreciated. I hope on your next trip that we can meet so I have the opportunity to thank you personally for your loyalty and time.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

I recently stayed here and found the rooms to be clean and comfortable. However, if you want to get a good night sleep this is not the hotel for you. I was on the first floor it seemed like people were walking by all night. From the wedding that had just let out to people waking up for the breakfast the next morning. I could hear everything. I heard parents yelling at kids for running, guests talking to the maid about cleaning their room at 7 am on a Sunday. The walls were paper thin and the talking never stopped.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear David c,
Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. I'm sorry you had noise complaints this trip. Please contact me personally so I can try to make it up to you please. I know weekends can be a bit noisy with the weddings that we do. I am so sorry but I would like to take this opportunity to make you aware of the Room Tips people leave on the TripAdvisor web page for each hotel...common items are often addressed in these tips and can make a stay even more enjoyable if they are noted and paid attention to!
Best always and thank you,