“Simply awful”

SuzyQue's BBQ & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
SuzyQue's BBQ & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 107 Restaurants in West Orange
Price range: US$10 - US$29
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: SuzyQue’s offers a unique blend of southern BBQ. We draw from the flavors of Tennessee, Texas and North Carolina to create our own special delicacies. We use only the finest premium meats slow smoked in our state-of-the-art smoker with our own exclusive blend of rubs made in house. All our BBQ is available dry rubbed, simply seasoned, and smoked, or with one of our homemade sauces. We are committed to using only the best ingredients and cooking low and slow with real hickory, apple, cherry and oak. In the world of BBQ the pink smoke ring is one of the most sought after properties of smoked meats and the pit masters sign of excellence.
Reviewed 13 June 2018

A small group of us had a reservation for 10 - we somehow surprised them and had to slide tables together while we waited. After being seated, the service was horrible - the wait person was writing orders on the back of receipts which she apparently lost because our side dishes were incorrect. The much lauded brisket was like beef jerky on my plate while one of my companions was fatty. One of my companions found her side inedible and when she sent it back, was charged for it. My cole slaw was a tasteless blob of mayonaise while a tablemates was vinegary. I found the mac and cheese side tasteless while another thought the cheesey grits pasty. How can you mess up cheesey grits????

Suzy H, Manager at SuzyQue's BBQ & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

As you can imagine we are very upset to learn of your recent visit with us! We are always working hard to ensure that our customer’s receive five star service, so we sincerely apologize for the wait as well as the mix up with your order. We would also like to apologize for the disappointment in your meal, as serving flavorful BBQ is what we pride ourselves on. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, and please know we will be using your comments to make improvements to our restaurant.

Reviewed 6 June 2018

my family has come here several times as it is right down the road. the food is always good and it's a very relaxed atmosphere with friendly waitstaff. able to bring the kids and have a great time! recently we ordered catering with suzy herself who was just lovely! she came to explain the options to us, offered us tastes of food, and then delivered right to the party. everyone raved about the food!! great BBQ establishment in an area that needs good restaurants like this!

1  Thank Rachel T
Reviewed 1 June 2018

I have been a big fan of SuzeQue's and been going to this restaurant for years. Since the last 3 or 4 trips it was clear that the prices are going up but the taste of the food is going downhill. Service at SuzeQue's is not the best. It has always been a hit or miss but the food has always tasted good in the past. Sorry to say not anymore.

A friend and I visited the place and had the standard full rack of ribs entree which is now priced at $29 each. The 4 sauces have gone downhill terrible. The vinegar sauce was just pure vinegar period! The molasses based sauce was just your Grandma's molasses poured into the bottle! The sweet-sour sauce tastes like store bought honey-mustard sauce! The tomato-based sauce was the only saving grace.

Ribs were bone cold, hard and dry. The portion size of the sides has come down drastically. The Mac-n-Cheese serving was half the size. Corn bread hard as stone. Overall not very tasty food or experience for what you are paying.

Will probably find another restaurant in the area but will most likely not return.

1  Thank 54Business_Traveller
Reviewed 7 April 2018

Came here with another couple and really enjoyed it. All the food we had was great. Wings, egg rolls, brisket, ribs all great. I loved the short rib grilled cheese with ranch dressing. Pricing is also not bad. We will return.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

For Easter we wanted to serve different apps, so we catered from SuzyQue's! We ordered the brisket egg rolls and Mac and Cheese balls. Ordering was easy, I dealt with SuzyQue herself! The food was served on time and was absolutely delish!! They even provided sternos to keep the food hot! They also customized the egg rolls (no onions) to meet the demand of our picky eaters!!

One of my guests sent me a text after and said, the brisket was definitely one of the best things I ever ate. I have never had before. Sooo delish!

Our neighbors ordered from there twice before (for larger parties) and the food was also amazing.

I highly recommend SuzyQue's catering!!