“Good restaurant rapidly going downhill”

SuzyQue's BBQ & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
SuzyQue's BBQ & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 105 Restaurants in West Orange
Price range: US$10 - US$29
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: SuzyQue’s offers a unique blend of southern BBQ. We draw from the flavors of Tennessee, Texas and North Carolina to create our own special delicacies. We use only the finest premium meats slow smoked in our state-of-the-art smoker with our own exclusive blend of rubs made in house. All our BBQ is available dry rubbed, simply seasoned, and smoked, or with one of our homemade sauces. We are committed to using only the best ingredients and cooking low and slow with real hickory, apple, cherry and oak. In the world of BBQ the pink smoke ring is one of the most sought after properties of smoked meats and the pit masters sign of excellence.
Reviewed 1 June 2018

I have been a big fan of SuzeQue's and been going to this restaurant for years. Since the last 3 or 4 trips it was clear that the prices are going up but the taste of the food is going downhill. Service at SuzeQue's is not the best. It has always been a hit or miss but the food has always tasted good in the past. Sorry to say not anymore.

A friend and I visited the place and had the standard full rack of ribs entree which is now priced at $29 each. The 4 sauces have gone downhill terrible. The vinegar sauce was just pure vinegar period! The molasses based sauce was just your Grandma's molasses poured into the bottle! The sweet-sour sauce tastes like store bought honey-mustard sauce! The tomato-based sauce was the only saving grace.

Ribs were bone cold, hard and dry. The portion size of the sides has come down drastically. The Mac-n-Cheese serving was half the size. Corn bread hard as stone. Overall not very tasty food or experience for what you are paying.

Will probably find another restaurant in the area but will most likely not return.

Reviewed 7 April 2018

Came here with another couple and really enjoyed it. All the food we had was great. Wings, egg rolls, brisket, ribs all great. I loved the short rib grilled cheese with ranch dressing. Pricing is also not bad. We will return.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

For Easter we wanted to serve different apps, so we catered from SuzyQue's! We ordered the brisket egg rolls and Mac and Cheese balls. Ordering was easy, I dealt with SuzyQue herself! The food was served on time and was absolutely delish!! They even provided sternos to keep the food hot! They also customized the egg rolls (no onions) to meet the demand of our picky eaters!!

One of my guests sent me a text after and said, the brisket was definitely one of the best things I ever ate. I have never had before. Sooo delish!

Our neighbors ordered from there twice before (for larger parties) and the food was also amazing.

I highly recommend SuzyQue's catering!!

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

I tried SuzyQue’s for lunch on a Saturday. It was a quiet time, but really, this is an evening dinner place. Service was good and the beef brisket was exactly as listed in the menu — well marbled and super trendy and delicious.
The sides were good, and I think it’s noteworthy that I thought they were almost twice the size of many rivals, which I really appreciated, as I like veg as much as I like BBQ meat.

Reviewed 25 January 2018

People here are so nice,especially love just jammin group, all -girl 70-80 band. owner is a throwback from 70's era! She's great always there for her patrons! Live music is in back room with tables and chairs that serve food!!! . Food is great, love their apps! reasonably priced. Service is very good. Bar folks are warm and friendly.!!!