All reviews whole foods hearth room full kitchen front desk large fireplace indoor pool laundry room every morning rooms are spacious eagle rock free breakfast home away from home living area fire pit first floor the entire hotel the hotel offers
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Extremely disappointed at this hotel stay
I am a platinum member and figured the hotel was up to standards! I was wrong the staff is very sweet but let’s say the room I had was disgusting should not be given to anyone, I sent a few emails and never received any feedback , extremely disappointed to be honest with you . I know they are renovating soon but it’s way over due ! I will post pictures so you can see the dried blood stains and mold in the room ! Zero stars at this point
We only stayed because in all the 40 plus years we are eating next door at the manor we figured we would try it once since it was our 49th wedding anniversary !

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
CarenKap, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott West Orange, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

rdiamonds12 My apologies for the recent stay that you had at our hotel. This is certainly not the type of service I have grown to expect and while we have started our renovation we certainly agree that your room should have been properly cleaned and maintained. Please feel free to contact me at Caren.Kapinos@marriott.com as I would like to further discuss your stay with you. Thank you again for your time and my sincere apologies.

Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

My family and I needed to stay here while we took care of arrangements and had a funeral for our dear family member. We could not have asked for better service or treatment. This hotel is incredible in is comfort, decor, amenities and it’s service. It made an incredibly difficult time for us better. Thank you to all involved in this superb hospitality.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Martha G, on behalf of myself and the entire team at the Residence Inn West Orange our condolences to you and your family. I am certainly can attest that our staff is amazing and I am so glad they were able to make your stay with us a comfortable one.
Thank you again and we hope when your travel plans bring you back to West Orange we have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

I can’t say enough about this hotel. Outside and inside. Its brick and stately columns and grand entry will trick you into thinking you are in old colonial Williamsburg, instead of New JerseyI Very unlike other residence Inns.This hotel really strives to make your experience top notch. Every little detail is looked after. Cool modern bar with a fun bartender (Ricky)and free breakfast complete w brie (I know, right?) Outside is a huge area that includes several big barbecue grills on a well landscaped patio w gorgeous flowers and wrought iron tables with sun umbrellas. The indoor pool is an ok size but also has a great hot tub adjacent to it. Very safe neighborhood. Comfortable bed and quiet floor. No slamming doors like at other hotels. The room was huge and immaculate and decorated very tastefully. Love the fact that they have big bathrooms and sink areas large enough to place toiletries. They even offer mounted magnifying mirrors for make up. Ronaldo at check in was attentive and pleasant. Ricky at the bar is so social and fun! The hotel is going undergoing a renovation in mid October. I can’t imagine it being better, but I’m sure the TVs in the rooms will be switched out to larger flat screens , USB ports added,and the sole elliptical in the gym switched out to an earlier model that works. The fitness programs nor the TV worked on the Precor. And one of the treadmills was down. Need another mat or two and newer. They offer free membership to a gym nearby but I didn’t have a car. But that’s all minor. I really loved this hotel and I won’t stay anywhere else in West Orange. Look no further bc you shouldn’t either!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank SuitcaseCarolyn

SuitcaseCarolyn Thank you for the 5 star review! I have shared your feedback with both Reynaldo and Ricky and thank you for taking the time to acknowledge them and their hard work here at the hotel. We strive to make this the best hotel in the area and appreciate that you have taken the time to share your feedback with us. We hope to welcome you back soon and can't wait to share our new product with you.

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

The entrance to the driveway leading to this upscale version of Residence Inn looks like a fancy resort, and when you reach the building, it also looks like a mansion, complete with columns. It may be in North Jersey, but the building design, decor and warm staff give a very southern hospitality vibe. Rooms are not the standard brown and yellow decor. Instead they are homier, with red loveseats instead of their usual bench style and more old fashioned art. My studio had a king size bed on an angle, very charming. Public spaces were equally endearing.

I really appreciate hotels that make it clear they care about your experience. The pullout shaving/cosmetic lighted magnifying mirror is a key detail that is so often missing, but thoughtfully provided here. And when I foolishly left my kindle in the room upon checkout and didn’t realize until midnight, I was able to contact the front desk using the Marriott chat feature and arrange to have it sent by Fedex to my next destination. That was a Saturday night, but the Monday morning staff ensured it happened.

This is a wonderful property and I look forward to returning.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

DebbyClaire Thank you for the 5 star review. We all completely agree with you that pulling into the driveway every day you would never believe that this is a Residence Inn by Marriott. From the landscaping to the mansion feel - it truly is a one of a kind hotel and we fortunate to have the best staff in NJ as well. We certainly appreciate your feedback and you sharing your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Checked for a business trip online. Easy process. My room was ready the staff were friendly and helpful. After a long and stressful day the get together with burgers was very welcome. I slept like a baby. Thanks for the great stay.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Michaelkasperski

Michaelkasperski Thank you for the 5 star review and sharing your stay with us. There is no better feedback then hearing our guest had a great stay and a stress free one! We know there are so many choices when you travel and appreciate your patronage. We hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.