All reviews library bar la croix lacroix restaurant leading hotels of the world turn down service four seasons chocolate covered strawberries cookies and milk luxury hotel room service sitting area shopping and restaurants the ritz upgraded to a suite rooms are large wonderful hotel an upgrade
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I last visited year a few years ago and I guess the hotel remembered me as a repeat guest and that they also value their Amex Platinum relationship because I got a really nice upgrade to one of the Rittenhouse floor suites from the executive suite I had booked. I had a really good spa treatment by Kevin; the pool and gym remain very good. Breakfast in the Lacroix restaurant remains very good. I felt very consistent looked-after service in all parts of the hotel including the front desk, lobby bar, front door and restaurant. The suite was very spacious and well decorated. I still think this is one of the best hotels in the city. The upcoming Four Seasons will probably give it a good run for its money but I'm sure the Rittenhouse will make it a tough fight in this market.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
RArchambault, General Manager at The Rittenhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your return visit and review. We truly strive for consistency and are happy to hear that you felt it during your stay. We do value our American Express partnership and are proud to accommodate all benefits associated with the Fine Hotels & Resorts program. We also welcome competition from other hotels who aspire to be the best...it keeps us sharp and on our game.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Was blown away on my first stay - a year later even better! From start to finish an outstanding experience. It is the little things - being offered a bottle of water to drink after the flight when checking in, asking for the best route to the walk River path and having someone literally walk with you through a couple of alleys to show you a shortcut out of the hotel, and water and towels by the bellman when you return from a morning run! The huge rooms have been recently renovated with new dimmer and automatic lights throughout. Bluetooth clock radio/speaker easily synced with my iPhone. Best water pressure I've had in the rainfall shower. Thick towels and robes. I didn't want to leave the room! Excellent housekeeping and turndown service. You certainly get what you pay for here - I would definitely return!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

We were so happy to have you back with us! The small touches do make such a big difference. Thank you for making us your Philadelphia home and for recognizing our efforts.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed in this hotel several times since 2012. Rooms are recently renovated. Love the renovated rooms especially bathrooms and lighting controls. You can control all the lights in the rooms from your bed and the entry to different levels- daytime, evening and other settings.Huge TV ?60 inches. Rooms are specious including power space, both tub and spacious showers. Still provides complementary shoe shines and a glass of champagne or cappuccino. Evening turndown service has changed little bit. They no longer provide chocolate or remove used towels or replace bathroom amenities anymore. They just fill ice and water. Room service is still very good and available 24/7. Doormen and concierges are very welcoming and very helpful. Located in the superb neighborhood with work class restaurants and shopping within walking distances. Rittenhouse square is the one of my best place to shop and dine in The United States. I am shopcohilics and shop everywhere I goes. This is my favorite spot for shopping. They have 2 H&M, >3outlets(Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, banana republic) within 1-2 miles radius. Closed to train station. My go to hotel in Philadelphia. I hope management keeps the same standards and quality.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Welcome Back! Very happy to hear your impressions of our new rooms. Puzzled a bit about our offerings at turndown as we certainly should provide a full device including fresh linens, replenishment of toiletries, spring water and dark chocolate. We will follow up to ensure we do not miss steps in the future. Looking forward to seeing you again sometime soon and thank you for your thoughtful review.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

We spent 2 nights at the Rittenhouse recently. The hotel has a very welcoming comfortable feel. Rooms are nicely furnished, bathrooms are beautifully appointed and everything had a high class feel without being stuffy. Part of the feel is due to the friendliness and competence of all of the staff that we dealt with. All of this made our stay very pleasant.

Room Tip: King room with park view
Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
RArchambault, General Manager at The Rittenhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

It was our pleasure to have you with us! Our team truly enjoys what we do and it is heartening to hear how this translated into a warm, welcoming stay for you. Please make us your home whenever your travels bring you to Philadelphia!

Reviewed 5 September 2018

There's certainly a need for more great hotels in Philadelphia, but without a doubt, this is the standard they should aspire to. Professional, polished and never disappoints. Book ahead, especially for U of Penn graduations.

Stayed: April 2018
RArchambault, General Manager at The Rittenhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Dear Philip,

Thank you fro your review and ringing endorsement of The Rittenhouse. We work very hard to earn your business and your trust. You can count on us to continue to deliver on your future visits to Philadelphia!