“Very nice hotel”

Ranked #19 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
long island, ny
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We only stayed one night. It was very nice. Nothing exceptional. The employees were all very courteous and efficient. My only complaint is that there is no privacy in the bathroom. There were French doors that did not lock or even close flush against each other. Other than that, the room was comfortable and nicely decorated and very clean.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (530)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Stopped in for 2 days with my wife and my 2 kids to visit the historical area of Philly. We had a great stay at the hotel. The rooms were very clean, the view is really nice. We were right next to the ice rink and took advantage of the 4 free tickets we got in the winter getaway package which also included free parking and two $10 tickets for D&B.... The hotel staff was very professional and the concierge was really helpful. The room was ready as soon as we arrived, which was much earlier than your normal check-in, 10:30 am we were in our room, dropped our bags and off to our historical touring :-) We are looking forward to our next stay here in the near future. Thank you :-)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
, General Manager at Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing, responded to this review, 2 July 2012
Thanks for the great comments regarding your stay. We appreciate having had you with us. Glad to got to make such good use of the package. Appreciate the kind words for the associates you encountered.

Hope to have you with us again soon.

Best regards,

Mike Costello
Philadelphia
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I suprised my wife for valentines day by booking a night at the Hyatt. WOW what a wonderful experience we had. i came early to put flowers in the room and the young lady behind the desk not only upgraded me to room 1501(beautiful room) but also allowed me to checkin at 1230 pm. William(i believe thats his name) at the Keatings bar was wonderful as well as all the staff from bellman on up. I would very highly recommend your property to one and all.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pjpb007
Brooklyn, Ohio
Reviewed 25 February 2012

ROOM: I really liked the hotel. The view I had (19 flr.) was great - to my right water to my left city. Great view of the Ben Franklin Bridge. The room is newly furnished with really nice pieces and a really comfy chair. Lots of room. No complaints on room at all. HOTEL OFFERINGS: The hotel has a restaurant with good food and nice servers. I ate there for dinner and breakfast and was not disappointed. The bar even got pretty busy at night (but there was a convention in the hotel so that is probably why). The concierge was really helpful and saved me some walking with his helpfulness. The checkin process went smoothly. My room was ready when I arrived and I was given a high floor room and my requested upgrade of $15 for breakfast and internet (a $29.95 value). There is a fitness studio and a pool and sauna on he 4th floor. Another good view from the pool - really nice newer facilities. As for LOCATION. The hotel is on the water - Delaware River - so obviously it is on the outskirts of things. The walk to the Old City (Christ Church, Betsy Ross House, etc...) is not far at all. I'll preface this with I don't mind walking at all, but I even made it on foot all the way to Reading Terminal Market and back to the hotel. Next time I come I will probably choose a hotel more in the center so I can do more museums. Probably the Hyatt Bellevue. However at the Hyatt Penn's Landing there is a Big Bus Tour stop - a couple of them actually - right by the hotel so getting a trip out to the museums is rather easy. If you want to go on the tour ask the concierge to have a shuttle come and get you. Other info: taxis are at stand right outside the hotel.

Room Tip: You can 'guarantee' yourself a good room (if available upon check in) by using the Upgrades...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Stayed here recently with my family. We found the location convenient and easy to find. We had read the reviews, so we were prepared for the self park option. We got a room at the end of the hall, so the elevator noise was not an issue. The room was relatively large and clean. We were staying 2 nights with a free breakfast option. All of the staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast at Keatings consisted of a fairly well stocked and fresh buffet.

The only issue was the lack of housekeeping. I entered the room at 4pm and housekeeping had not stopped by. I notified the front desk and requested that housekeeping clean the room and provide new towels. When my family returned to the room later that night, the room was still not clean, but there was a pile of clean towels stacked on some dirty ones. I called the front desk to complain and all they offed to do was have house keeping clean it then, however it was too late.

Overall, I would still recommend this hotel, but be careful about the housekeeping.

• Stayed February 2012