Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia-Midtown
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Sonesta Philadelphia Downtown(Philadelphia)
US$232
US$207
  • Restaurant
Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District(Philadelphia)(Great Value!)
US$234
US$266
US$213
Loews Hotels
1,088 results
All reviewshi expressgreat locationwithin walking distancewalnut streetparking garagebreakfast roomjefferson hospitaloutdoor poolyogurtwould stay here againfree breakfast isliberty bellbreakfast barconvention centerhot breakfastfront desk staffhistorical sites
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 February 2012

I had tickets to attend the Phila. Auto Show and was looking for a hotel that wasn't too expensive and was w/in walking distance to the show and to The Reading Terminal Market. Must say, this hotel met both criteria. We arrived early and was not sure if we could secure an early check-in. Not only was that possible, but the staff was extremely gracious and very helpful with basic information and directions. Upon entering our room, we were pleasantly surprised at its size and cleanliness. The only issue we had was some noisey neighbors who were quieted quickly after a call to the front desk. There is a charge for parking since you are staying midtown. The parking lot is located right next door to the hotel & you are allowed easy in and out access. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone for its convenient location to shopping, restaurants and value. The free breakfast is also a nice perk. Will stay here again on my next visit to Phila.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chriscrossin
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia-Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2012

Dear Chriscrossin,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all of you great comments about your recent stay. Our guest's happiness is our number one priority. We are going to pass your comments on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job.

Thanks again for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Midtown

Reviewed 5 January 2012

This hotel just seems like it needs to be refurbished. Room was shabby and uncomfortable. Got bad advice from the front desk re: cab vs. driving and ended up taking a $40 cab ride (there and back) rather than driving and paying a $6 parking fee. The breakfast was awesome though! Business center consisted of one computer off the lobby and two computers in the breakfast room. None of the printers worked and two of the computers couldn't access the internet. I love Holiday Inns and am a Platinum Priority Club Member but won't stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrews_Mommy
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia-Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are currently looking into your concerns about the computers that we have at the hotel. We use all of your thoughts and concerns to improve on our service to you and to future guests to our hotel. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay.

Thanks again for your comments We hope that you will consider us again, when visiting the area again.

Reviewed 5 January 2012

We stayed here New Years Eve, the city is just packed at this time, our room was a really good size with a big bathroom. Beds were pretty comfortable. We were hardly in the hotel at all.
Our shower wasn't working, but they had maintenance up to fix it very quickly. It was just very average.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Annette T

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all of your comments. We will pass those comments on to our staff. They like to hear when they are doing a good job. We are sorry for any inconvenience that the shower may have caused you.

Thanks again for your comments. We hope that you come stay with us again.

Reviewed 28 December 2011

We used to live in Philadelphia and we love this city. We return every year with our children for a visit. We have stayed every year for the past 15 years at this property. It's always a good value with a kind, helpful staff,and family friendly environment. Our children delight in the roof top pool where they enjoy am evening swim while mom and dad watch, and enjoy pre-dinner snacks that we bring with us. The breakfast is another favorite of our family. Over the years the food choices have expanded and range from decadent donoughts to healthy cereal and yogurt. The staff is caring and kind. One year we needed to refrigerate a birthday cake and they did it for us with a smile and a " happy Birthday" upon retrieving it in perfect condition....do drop in and bring the family...but book in advance because at these rates and in this location, it fills quickly. Ask for a room with a view of the pool which also will provide a great view of the skyline towards the Delaware River.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the pool. The other side of the hotel is fine but the pool view affords for better people watching amd the pool is pretty to look down at, especially at night.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia-Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very happy that we could accommodate you over the years. It's guests like you that makes our hotel great. We appreciate all of your comments. We will pass them on to our staff. They always like to hear when they are doing a good job.

Thanks again for your comments. See you again next time that you visit Philly..

Reviewed 19 December 2011

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Midtown several times. I stay at the hotel not becuase it is the most glamourous place in Philadelphia, but becuase of location and value. On Saturday 12/17 I stayed at the hotel becuase I was in town for a concert. I got back to the hotel late but had agreed to meet friends out for the evening. A friend of mine arrived to pick me up and I wasn't ready. The hotel stopped him at the door, called my room, and asked if I knew the person. When I said I did, they told me that I had to come downstairs to get him. I threw on my pants, went downstairs and they had a paper with my reservation on it. They told me that I had to put his name on my reservation and initial it, and that if he stayed past 8 am I would be charged. I was completely shocked. I said that it shouldn't matter if I had one or two in my room becuase the rate is the same. I was then told that if I made my reservation online (which I did) if I said that there were two people I would be charged an additional $10 at check in...although that's NOT what any person agrees to when they make the reservation.

Perhaps this hotel has had some sort of problem recently, but I have no desire to ever stay at this low class hotel again. I was scheduled to stay again on 12/20, but I cancelled that reservation and will not be going back. The last time I was treated like this was when I lived in a college dormitory. This is not the normal standard for HIE, and I hope that senior management in the HIE organization review this hotel and it's policies for fear of damaging the HIE brand.

I hate to write a review like this, but I am angry that this hotel has resorted to this type of treatment for it's customers.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo