See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 June 2017

Bed bugs in my room so I had to move to another room, after I took a shower faucet kept dripping. Maids must have locked down my shower. When I returned from a long tiring day of work could not turn on shower. Heard numerous hotel guest complain about temperature in rooms. Some said temperature too cold around 64 others said temperature was 75.

Date of stay: June 2017
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

Dear Doris823,

Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience. Our goal is to deliver exceptional service and comfortable accommodation to all of our guests and we appreciate you chose to stay with us. However, it is regrettable that the condition of the rooms received fell far short of what is expected. Thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention as this is our best resource to know how our hotels are being managed to a high standard and to evaluate what can be given additional attention. I have this information documented and it will be forwarded to the hotel management for evaluation and to take actions accordingly.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we hope that this will not deter you from giving us another opportunity to make your future stays as pleasant as possible.

Grace P.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

I have been thrilled with our stay here! The staff is beyond friendly and helpful! They make you feel like you've known them forever. Jack, the doorman, is the nicest man and recommended some amazing local places to eat. The shuttle is free and took us straight to Reading Market Terminal every morning. The hotel is clean and has great new updates. There is a Panera, TGI Friday's ( I'd stay away from there.), a CPK and Chipotle all across the parking lot. There is also a Target next door so anything you is close by. It is right off the expressway so it makes it easy to get around. I stayed here with my family of 5, but I wouldn't hesitate to stay here with just my children if my husband wasn't able to come with us. This is hands down the best place to stay! We got a great deal by shopping some of the travel sites.

Date of stay: June 2017
Reviewed 18 April 2017

My experience was very good. I had a very good time for a second time and once again, two people outshined the others. See my last review. I loved it here, and I think you might too. Crowne hotel is a beautiful place to visit in philadelphia.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

This is a really nice hotel. The rooms were very big. Friendly staff. They even have a bar in the lobby, which is also a star bucks for breakfast in the morning. The pool looked good and clean as well as weight room.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 959careyj
Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

I've stayed here four nights (consecutively) before the renovation and four nights (two nights stay, twice) after.

When you compare the old to the new, the hotel looks great. They spruced up the lobby & the room (I personally like the bathroom barn door), the WiFi is ten times better, plus they added keyless entry.

When you isolate the hotel, as is, without knowledge of the upgrade, it's an ok stay. Not the best Marriott I've stayed in, and even with the renovation, the rooms show where & tear.

I ate in The Bistro twice yesterday (12/6/16) and the service is slow, extremely slow. It took our table of four almost an hour to get our food after ordering. When we received our food, some items (my cauliflower, my coworkers lamb shank) were tepid. The food is ok, probably would've better if it were received hot.

I had two issues with this most recent visit, both were resolved.

#1: When I checked in, I was given room 810 which smelled like an ash trash. I returned downstairs and asked for a non smoking room and was told it's a non-smoking hotel. I informed the gentleman (tall red head) that room 810 smelled like an ash tray, so obviously not. He moved me to 837, which smelled better.

#2: At 2am, the cordless phone started beeping, probably died. I tried to find the power source, but couldn't. I called (from my cell phone) the front desk to report it; 16 minuets later, no one had responded, so I unplugged the, still beeping, phone & brought to the front desk (young black man with goatee). I said nothing, just dropped the phone off & came back upstairs. 8 minutes later, there was a knock on my door from Guest Services (older, taller, heavy set black man). He asked if I was waiting for a phone, and I said no, my room phone was beeping, so I brought it downstairs. He immediately realized he had waken me up for no reason (since I didn't need a phone, and the beeping phone was removed) and he started to apologize profusely.

TL:DR nice upgrade to Courtyard Marriott, modern decor, very slow service (lunch & dinner) in the hotel restaurant.

Date of stay: December 2016