“Good!”

Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: South Philadelphia
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

Awesome food! Quick and friendly service.i got a club sammich, it was fantastic! Got 2 meals out of it.

Reviewed 30 August 2018

I loved going to this diner for meals. Everytime we went in, the staff made us feel like we were coming home to a family meal. The food was very good, the desserts were awesome and make sure you order the corn muffins.

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

My family could not decided what to eat so I searched on tripadvisor for good food at cheap price.....Penrose Diner came up.

Everyone in family enjoyed what we order. I got the stuffed chicken and let's just say, I finished all of it. Had a share of the mushroom soup and it was perfect. The pre dinner breads......yummy!!!

Reviewed 21 August 2018

I’ve been coming here since I was a kid. Everything is home made. Their soups are out of this world. My favorite is their Ruben and pot pies. Their dessert are our of this world too. You take one look at them and can’t say no to having something. If you like Italian pastry they have it.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

Often you hear a place mention how long they been at it servicing the community, where are the people who can state the facts as true. I'm one that can attest to the Penrose Diner as being the one. With the profits from my first paper route thru till today this place has been serving & servicing this area greatly. I no longer live in this area but I make it a point that when I'm in the city, one meal that I'm going to have will be stopping past this diner.
Breakfast, lunch, dinner or just take a break from traveling about, this restaurant offers much more. It has been this way for all of my 50 years of coming here. Among the wide selections they offer there is that showcase of all the on premise baked goodies to tempt you into busting that diet. Yes Philly has a long list of good places to dine, but when they say they've been at for over 50 years its a good reason behind it.

1  Thank Marshall B