“Inexpensive diner food!”

Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery
Neighbourhood: City Centre East
Description: Mrs. K's Koffee Shop is a well established diner that has been around for 50 years. It has been under new management since March 2012. We offer Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night Snacks, High Chairs, Take out, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Catering, Milkshakes, Burgers, Philly Cheesesteaks, and much much more. Take a seat at the old fashioned stools around the counter and feel at home. This is a fast and friendly environment with a great meal at a very reasonable price. Come in and Enjoy....
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Mrs K's opens early so you can start your day with a hearty meal and then head out to see the sights. The dining area is small with some seating outside but mostly counter stools. The food was very standard diner food and is everything you would expect it to be. Looking for a fast, inexpensive meal here it is!

Reviewed 2 October 2017

We walked just down the street from our hotel and found Mrs K's Koffee Shop. When we looked in the front windows we notice alot of local workers there and figured if they were there it had to be a good place. We went in and we were right. Breakfast was served fast and delicious too!!

Reviewed 21 September 2017

Loved the Philly Cheese Steak. It was better than the one at Sonny's. The service was friendly. It seems like a place locals would frequent and the prices are reasonable.

2  Thank Discerningwon
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

This is an interesting place. I liked the counters and seats. I liked that it has been here since the '60s. I thought that meant classic good food and great service. Wrong.

We waited forever. Finally my wife's Mac and Cheese came out. It was really good, a big bowl full and only $2.50!

Unfortunately, then I was told there was a "mix up" in the kitchen and there was another significant wait before I got my Philly cheese steak. Average food. Poor service.

We weren't the only ones there who had significant waits for their food, and the place was only about a third full. We did enjoy great conversation with our fellow diners while we waited.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

The hostel I stayed at recommended this diner, and offered a 10% off coupon. I neglected to grab the coupon, and honestly would have felt like I was insulting Mrs. K, herself, had I used it. The prices here can't be beat, and I don't think the food could either. The wait staff is friendly and accommodating, and the menu diverse. Exactly the kind of place that gets you out and enjoying the city early in the morning.

Date of visit: August 2017