“Local, Organic and Fun!”

The Couch Tomato Cafe' & Bistro
Ranked #13 of 5,113 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Soups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Manayunk
Description: The Couch Tomato Café & bistro is your number one destination in Manayunk for gourmet pizzas & salads, known for its thin-crust NY-style pizza, as well as its large, fresh, & creative salads. Upon opening in 2003, it quickly establishing itself as the area’s leading takeout, delivery, and catering favorite, winning several accolades including “Best Pizza” by Philadelphia Magazine, and “Best Soups”by City Paper, just to name a few. It’s focus on buying local, and specialization in vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free offerings has helped make The Couch Tomato Cafe’ a popular choice! The Couch Tomato Cafés extensive menu includes: Gourmet Pizzas & CalzonesSpecialty Salads & WrapsSignature Sandwiches & PaninisHomemade Soups. Or, dine upstairs at the bistro for an expanded menu, table-side service, a bar and great atmosphere!
Reviewed 11 October 2017

Friendly greeters, excellent service and an up beat atmosphere - combined with menu selections for a variety of tastes, including vegatarian, vegan and gluten-free. Choose to dine cafe-style downstairs or climb the steps to the bistro above where you can enjoy beer, wine or spirits as you watch the action on Main St. Our server, Annie, made us feel right at home, and was only too happy to provide suggestions. My friend and I shared a delicious hummus plate, then she went on to enjoy a pasta dish while I devoured a fabulous burger. (There are multiple options or you can build your own!) Since it was an unusally warm, Fall evening we enjoyed parking a few blocks away and leisurely browsing store windows, but valet parking is also available.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

Love this place! The food is always fresh and delicious and the staff are super friendly!! Can't go wrong with their salads or pizza. I eat here almost once a week and you cannot go wrong with any selection on the menu.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

The Couch Tomato has really excellent food and atmosphere. I have ordered many a delicious pizza from the Couch Tomato Cafe: their pizza is well beyond the standard Main Street pizza. I have even enjoyed their salads (and I don't normally like salad). Upstairs (The Couch Tomato Bistro) is even better - a beautiful room and excellent decor. We were served a complimentary snack as soon as we sat down (don't know if this is common or just happened to be that day), then we ordered a cheese plate which was by far the highlight of the meal!

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 20 September 2017

Love this place!! I've been getting Couch Tomato for a long time and have never had a bad meal. Everyone at the store is always pleasant and nice and delivery is very consistent on timing and presentation of the food. Our favorites recently have been the La Fiesta salad and the buffalo chicken pizza with the honey hot sauce.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

I recently moved to the area and was looking for different places to grab a quick delicious bite. Me and my husband to try out couch tomato...a cute and quaint café with different pizzas, sandwiches, and salads. I love that they offer local and organic produce and that mostly everything is all natural. There is also a ton of gluten free options. We each got a personal pie (at least personal in my eyes being that pizza is my favorite food). My husband got a regular pizza with sautéed onions and jalapenos whereas I went for the American pie pizza which is grana padano, honey, farmers and ricotta cheese, roasted garlic spread, tomatoes, and rosemary. The pizza comes in regular, whole wheat, and gluten free dough -- all delicious. These were unbelievable; fresh and delicious. The combination of flavors was not something I would think to do but worked really well together. We have already been back a few more times and have yet to try something we don't like. the staff is great, food is fresh, and overall a great vibe.

Date of visit: July 2017