“Plan on going to all of Michael's restaurants - # 2 of 6?”
Review of Dizengoff

Dizengoff
Ranked #3 of 96 Quick Bites in Philadelphia
Reviewed 17 September 2018

Hummus and on Sundays, Shashuka...Had a feeling I was in Israel when I saw a wall covered with Israeli posters. Loved the Hummus. No onions? It's a self serve place but your food is delievred to you. We had the basic hummus with tahini and a hummus with sweet potato and walnuts. Both excellent. You also get a small dish of greens. Our was with cucumbers. Menu changes daily. Limited seating but we did not have any issue. The person who brought our food out was just so friendly and helpful of the Solomonov restaurants. Kudos to Max at the counter.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

The BEST hummus i've ever tasted in my entire life!! They also make there own pita bread too. You can see them coming right out the oven!! I always purchase an extra pita simply because it's that good!! WOW!!.....I visit this place twice a month!!!. A must try, even for the ones who don't care for hummus, this place will make you have a change of heart! Truly delish!!

1  Thank lionetalone
Reviewed 21 August 2018

It's unusual to find a restaurant that moves hummus from the sidelines to the main event. The hummus can handle the spotlight, and the salads that accompany the dip and bread are every bit as delicious. Try the minted lemonade, it's fabulous. The only shortcoming, if you can call it that, is the price. It's a little pricey for what it is. At the same time...filling, and delicious.

1  Thank Rafael S
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Hummus us silky smooth and tasty. I was disappointed that some of the toppings mentioned in other reviews weren't available. It was too busy to ask someone why, so assume they must change dependent on what's available. Our choices were less than inspiring, so we had one plain and one with corn, the plain wasdelicious, the corn just okay. Pita is exceptional. Israeli salad fresh and tasty, wish it was on the menu as an option to buy on its own.

We've been to Israel many times, where the discussion of who has the best hummus is taken very seriously, next time I'll throw Dizengoff into the mix

Reviewed 6 August 2018

I got some sort of potato and onion hummus when I went and it was divine. The hummus itself is fantastic and the warm pitas are great. Everyone loved their food and the hummus varieties change. If you at all enjoy eating hummus, this is the place to go (plus you can actually eat something not terrible for you while away).

Date of visit: July 2018