Lowest prices for your stay
US$218
View deal
Hotels.com
Expedia.comUS$218
PricelineUS$218
Agoda.comUS$218
All reviews no elevator pennsylvania hospital colonial era third floor historic property across the street common areas parking garage suite lenka philly subway cereal wedding surgery
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 September 2020 via mobile

We stayed at this beautiful little hotel (only 15 guest rooms) while in the city recently. and immediately felt at home. We were immediately given a tour of the public areas, complete with the history of the building and it’s owners. Our room was on the third floor (no elevator, so be advised that there may be many stairs - in our case 33 - to get to your room), and had views of the beautiful garden/patio area from the four windows. The bed was comfortable, with soft linens. The bathroom came with a bathrobe and good quality toiletries. I could smell the fresh brewed coffee from our room in the mornings, and the fresh baked (delicious) cookies in the afternoons. A Keurig and hot water are always available in the little library, and though the included breakfast is small, it was fantastic (my husband couldn’t get enough of the homemade crumb cake, and I enjoyed the croissants). There are also cozy spots to sit in the common areas if you want a quiet place to relax away from your room. To top it off, one of the fine workers is a professional tour guide, and he sat down with us to give us both a history lesson and advice about most-see spots while walking in the city. We were beyond impressed.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank MinnesotaMom95
Julio Ugarte, Innkeeper at Morris House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2020

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay! Morris House Hotel is steps away from Independence Hall, Washington Square and the gorgeous Georgian and Federal-period homes of Society Hill, and countless restaurants and attractions. Our home is a fine example of Georgian architecture, circa 1787. Alas, Ben Franklin (or, perhaps, Mr. Otis) had not yet invented the elevator!

Reviewed 14 September 2020

Phenomenal customer service coupled with an outside venue that was perfect for my daughter's wedding. The Morris House Hotel is a hidden gem in historic Philadelphia. I would go back in a heartbeat. Alison was the main contact for us and she was first in class. I have never seen someone love their job so much and it truly reflected in the service she provided. We never left the property it offered such great backdrops for pictures. Erin and Andrew thoroughly enjoyed their special day . The Morris House Hotel's team along with Alison were so good everyone was able to relax and let the day flow.

Room tip: ask for Alison
Date of stay: September 2020

Congratulations to the newly married couple! We're so happy for you and thrilled that our colonial mansion and garden was the perfect setting for your celebration. Thank you for your praise of our events coordinator, Alison. We love our Alison!

Reviewed 3 August 2020

Our experience with Morris House Hotel was amazing and they gave us an absolutely perfect wedding day that we will forever remember! Our story: We had been planning our wedding for over a year when COVID ruined our plans. It was the middle of July 2020 when we make the tough call that our large scale wedding in Oct. 2020 would not be able to happen. We were heartbroken, but wanted to find a way to still get married. After searching for places to have a small outside ceremony in Philadelphia, I came across Morris House Hotel on Facebook. I contacted the hotel via email and was very quickly responded to by Alison Goldberg. We were informed of the availability, one day of which was Aug. 1st—only about 2.5 weeks away. In those 2.5 weeks, Alison went above and beyond our expectations, and anything we could have hoped for, to ensure that our ceremony was perfect. We didn't know how we could pull it off in such short notice, but she made sure we did and was there for us every step of the way. It definitely felt as if it was always meant to be at Morris House! We had the most beautiful, intimate, short & sweet ceremony and cocktail hour with about 20 of our closest loved ones, and will save our big party/reception for next year. The entire day felt like a fairy tale and I wish we could relive it. We also highly recommend staying the weekend in the hotel's "Presidential Suite" (Room 103). Everything was so nice and so reasonably priced, and their tented garden area where we were married is so beautiful we didn't even need to decorate! I could keep going on—we are forever grateful to Morris House Hotel for giving us an indescribably perfect day and will definitely be back to visit!

Room tip: The "Presidential Suite" (Room 103) was awesome!
Date of stay: August 2020
1  Thank ashdwoodruff
Reviewed 28 July 2020

With one month to plan a wedding and during a pandemic at that, Morris House Hotel was our saving grace. The events coordinator, Alison, was very helpful right from the start. We ended up having our reception in their courtyard under a beautiful tent. Everything went smoothly and we had such a lovely wedding - even better than we expected! The catering company, Feast Your Eyes, was also really accommodating and the food was delicious! Alison helped me plan every detail of the wedding reception and was very responsive, knowledgeable, and was just a great person to work with! I would highly recommend Morris House Hotel for your special events and I look forward to hosting another event here! We also stayed at the hotel and had a pleasant stay. The hotel manager, Lenka, was also super helpful. Everyone we came in contact with at the venue/hotel was amazing - what a wonderful group of people! My husband and I are so appreciative to the entire staff for pulling off our wedding! Thank you Alison and Lenka from MHH and Dottie and crew from FYE!

Date of stay: July 2020
Reviewed 23 July 2020

I issued the Morris house hotel to propose to my girlfriend. Alison was extremely accommodating and made the night perfect. I highly recommend this venue to anyone looking to make their proposal special!

Date of stay: July 2020