“Yum but no live music.....”
Review of Fado Irish Pub

Fado Irish Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
Fado Irish Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #183 of 4,693 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: Irish, British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Centre West
Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

Sad no live music, came here to listen to some Irish music, (They stopped live sessions without telling me- ha!) so I stayed to eat and drink. My Shepherd's pie was lovely -tasty not bland, and my hef draught was okay. I would return if there was more time.... too many other options are waiting .......

Reviewed 19 March 2017

Attended the rugby match viewing March 18th. Family of 6. Two of us watched the rugby, the other 4 remained in bar area. Tab was almost $300. This included a "slipped in" bill for $10 x 3 for the rugby cover charge. They charged for one daughter who stopped to say hello during trip to restroom. We disputed the charge. Defiant response..."she must pay". Come on Fado, you can do better...real cheap shot. I have no objection to $290 of the tab, but that last $10 is theft. And the attitude was that I was a criminal, not a customer. Now, in fact, I am now longer a customer.

Reviewed 15 March 2017

Always liked Fado's when in town for show. Good Irish Pub food but became too crowded w/ a loud young crowd, interested in drinking not eating. This made seating hard to get. Problem was they didn't take reservations, so we crossed them off our dining list. Recently noticed they now take reservations so we returned to the Old Sod. Got a table right away, very friendly waitress, but very loud (and foul) mouthed crowd near us. My wife got the Sheppard's Pie and found it to be lacking in vegetables, leaving it a little on the bland side. I had a great burger. They have a good selection of Irish (and other) draft beers. Also appears their menu is a little shorter than our last visit. But if you like a good burger, a cold draft and friendly service it's worth a visit.

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

I went to Fado' Irish Pub with a friend from work. We were in town due to a snow storm that came in and was staying overnight. Fado means long ago.

What a great bar! Good atmosphere and the bartender and wait staff were very attentive and pleasant.

I had the cheese and wedges as an appetizer followed by fish and chips. My frind had the shepherd's pie. Both meals were delicious. The cod was very fresh and flaky. The chips were done perfectly. The coleslaw was very chilly and that's all that matters.

We met a nice couple who were in town for the flower show and just beginning their retirement.

Great bar, good food, nice people, reasonable prices all measured up to a good evening. I will definitely return to Fado' Irish Pub.

Reviewed 8 March 2017

My husband is Irish and has eaten tons of Shepard's Pie in his life and he said this was the "best he's ever had". I had Fish & Chips and it was great. Big place, but had a quaint atmosphere. Nice staff. Would eat here again no question!