“Flavorful Philly cheesesteak!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Since we stayed nearby, we walked to Pat's (passed Geno's, idk why) and ordered Whiz cheese steak and fries. It's interesting how they even post an instruction how to order like a pro Sandwich was very flavorful, with generous amounts of meat and cheese whiz. Additional sauces and toppings are available. They offer other types of samdwiche, not only cheesesteak. We requested our sandwich to be cut in half because it was too big for us to be finished by one person in one sitting.

If you are looking for a dine-in type, take note that the tables are not really inside, but placed surrounding the ordering counter like an al fresco dining arrangement with roof and no walls.

Cheesesteaks bought from random corners do not come close to Pat's cheesesteak.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,492)

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Have seen do many tv shows showing this philly sand which up against its competition across the street. Don't know what the hype is about. it's not that good who's rating these sandwiches. Had lots of meat n onions n peppers but really not that tasty. I've had better and there weren't I. Philly.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

This was the hype for a Philly cheese steak, but the best cheese steak I found was in the marketplace and not from the 2 competitors across from each other. No return trip is needed.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

I’ve lived in Philadelphia most of my life, so eating cheesesteaks is nothing new to me I have eaten cheesesteaks all over the city. pat’s steaks is certainly one of the good steak places but to say King that is really a heard name to place on any one steak place in Philly. I love that the steaks are juicy and tender, the bread is perfect for a steak sandwich’s and all the topics are fun. I will keep going to pats whenever I am in the area.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Both Pats and Genos claim to have invented the Philadelphia cheese steak. Those stories probably have some truth embedded in their tale but by no means are these the best in Philadelphia. I’ve had much tastier sandwiches in many neighborhood sandwich shops in the city and suburbs.