“Everything is PERFECT”
Review of El Vez

El Vez
Reserve with OpenTable
El Vez is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 5,104 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: City Centre East
Cross street: Sansom
Transit: Broad Street Line - Walnut Locust Station.
Reviewed 20 September 2018

My friends took me to El Vez for my birthday in August and I was so excited to come here because I heard so many great reviews. This place was PACKED so it would be best to make reservations if you have a large party.
The service was great, the drinks were perfection (we had a few pitchers of the Pink Cadllac) and the food was delish.
So good, I went back for someone else's birthday a few weeks ago and definitely plan to come back.. I would like to try it for lunch too.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,127)

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

We have tried a lot of Mexican restaurants but our visit to philly was improved by our experience at El Vez. The food was great, the atmosphere was awesome and our server was delightful. I would recommend this restaurant and if I come back to Philly definitely make it part of my time here

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

Food was delicious! Portions are incredibly generous so don’t over do it.
Cool decor and atmosphere.
Friendly staff.

1  Thank 1229nathaliek
Reviewed 6 September 2018

While the menu is not traditional Mexican, they certainly offer a wide variety of food. The food is always delicious. Their fries are amazing, as are the nachos. Typically a little pricier than the average lunch in Center City, it is well worth it.

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

We stopped in for a quick drink during a recent trip to the city. Great drinks! Came in during lunch and walked right in sitting at the bar. Very friendly staff. We shared a small appetizer which was delicious. Highly recommended and we will be back.