“Best vegan Philly Cheesesteak!”
Review of Blackbird Pizzeria

Blackbird Pizzeria
Ranked #87 of 4,692 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 8 July 2017

We visited here twice while in Philly - the first time we got the cheesesteaks and then came back to try the pizza.

Now we can't say we tried every single vegan cheesesteak in Philly, although we gave it a shot, this one was hands down the best. I can see why they've been voted #1. The seitan, the bread, the cheese all superb! On the cheesesteak visit, we also had the cheese fries and a side of kale. The kale was a simple saute but really good. Satisfied my need for some greens with my bad food.

We came back with friends and tried the pizza which was also excellent. The staff is super nice. It can get really busy in there. Our food came out sort of randomly. If that bothers you than maybe get carry out.

Reviewed 12 June 2017

As a vegetarian visiting Philly, I was thrilled to find that there was a good option for a Philly cheesesteak. It was recommended to me by a vegetarian that was a Philadelphia native so I knew it had to be good. They have all types of vegan dishes and everything served there is vegan, nut free and kosher. Service was great too!

Reviewed 11 June 2017

We did takeout and used caviar to delivered. They took two hours to get our food from the time we ordered despite the blackbird site saying 40 minutes. Had the Balboa and the Haymaker Pizzas as well as the Vegan Cheesesteak. Everything was excellent. Even a friend of ours tried it and was pleasantly surprised. Best Vegan pies and Cheesesteak I ever had.

Reviewed 4 June 2017

We had an unexpected day in at our B&B and ordered delivery (thanks Caviar!) to get us through a day inside. We ordered cheesesteak, of course, The Ringer - chicken-fried seitan, tapenade, shallots - chickpea tuna, and a Greek salad. I'm not sure that anything is close to the taste of their namesakes because it's been a few decades since I have had anything non-veggie, but it shouldn't matter. You can tell by the selection and preparation of the ingredients that they take their menu seriously and aim to impress all types. Chewy, hearty artisan-baked rolls are a bonus, but it's things like smoked shallots, gooey "cheese" whiz, and pairings of sun-dried tomato tapenade with a bitter arugula that make these worth trying.

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

Ok so the pizza is amazing. But I want to note how crazy good the wings are. They have the mouthfeel and flavor of wings you remember having way back when. One order of those with a slice will feel up your average person.