“It really does have the best falafel in Philadelphia”
Review of Alyan's Restaurant

Alyan's Restaurant
Ranked #747 of 5,035 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Greek, Middle Eastern
Dining options: Delivery
Neighbourhood: City Centre East
Reviewed 14 May 2018

Everywhere in Philadelphia you see signs saying this is the place for the best this or that. Well Alyan's really does have the best falafel in Philadelphia or anywhere in the world that I have had falafel. This restaurant has middle eastern food. We also had hummas, salad, and baklava all of which were just fabulous. Our server Lizz was amazing. She was professional, helpful, and friendly. She made the experience wonderful. I could eat there everyday it was all so good. The atmosphere was just terrific. We ate in a back indoor garden room that was relaxing and lovely. If you have a chance check out Alyan's, you won't be sorry.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

I have been here several times and it is delightful. The backroom reminds me of a small courtyard. The food is quite delicious

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Alyan's is a hole iin the wall restaurant along South Street that happens to have delicious food. It's a bit hard to find so to give you a landmark it's on 4th St. directly behind Copacabana and across the street from Jim's Steak's.

I'm not a fan of Mediterranea cuisine but I knew this would be great because a friend took my wife the day before and she was desperate to go back. She doesn't even get that excited about gourmet restaurants.

Now I love kebob, which I ordered but I'm not fond of peppers and humus. But I loved them all this night. We talked to the waiter about the food (which I like to do because it give him a chance to shine so I can give him a bigger tip). He said their secret is they make everything in house from scratch; the bread, the humus, the baklava and rice pudding, even the pickled peppers.

I enjoyed a full meal for $10 and alas, had no room for baklava. Arg! I should have ordered some to take home. But now I have an excuse fro a return trip.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

While the food here was good, the waitstaff decided to help themselves to a hearty tip on my credit card. When I called about it I was told someone would have to call me back but they never did. If you are going to eat here, be sure to pay with cash only.

Reviewed 2 June 2017

What a wonderful surprise to find this place. Our waiter was a joy and was so sweet with our 6 year old son. The place is cozy, decorated with pillows and with the overall feel of a Middle Eastern living room. The food: utterly delicious. Get the homemade lemonade and the grilled steak over couscous or rice. It comes with a side of mixed vegetables that have been cooked in a broth that could be its own meal, it's that good. My husband had the chicken kabob platter, which he got with hot sauce that finally satisfied his freakishly high tolerance for spice. The prices were very reasonable, and we will definitely be going back next time we're in town.