“Try their fries!”

Cuisines: Greek, Middle Eastern
Dining options: Delivery
Neighbourhood: City Centre East
Reviewed 7 February 2017

Thanks to local friends we stopped to eat lunch at what was their family's favorite eatery.
Loved their hummus (beautifully presented), grilled zucchini, falafels and kefta kebab but the best surprise was the order of fries -- the fries come with hot peppers and onions. Quite unique and delicious!

Reviewed 11 December 2016

We ordered takeout from here and it was great and fast! They even chased my husband down the road when they realized something was missing from the bag. I think it took 2-3 blocks for the staff to catch up with him! All for a side of pickles! :-)
We ordered 3 entrees and a couple of sides. It was enough food for probably 4-5 people instead of the 3! We ordered several of the plates - I personally loved the kafta. A few sides - the grilled zucchini was great! And the mixed appetizer. We ended up saving this as a "lunch" snack for thanksgiving day. Perfect! We also asked for some extra pita and instead of just giving us an extra piece or two they gave us an entire bag!

Reviewed 6 November 2016

Just steps off of South St. on 4th,sitting here over 20yrs, same folks overseeing the action, you`ll find yourself in a small, but friendly & warm atmosphere, nothing fancy, schmacy, just great Fresh, Delicious,Cooked to order, Middle Eastern fare, at reasonable prices. So, why look elsewhere? The plus is all the action on South St. & on 4th St. south-lots of interesting varied stores, lots of them fabric specialties...the closest you`ll find to N.Y.C. in selection & quality.

Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

Ordered: Mint ice tea which was just ok so I think it is overrated on other reviews here. I personally like strong dark tea or very
Shawarma which was Lamb and chicken served with salad, hummus, and pita bread. The hummus wasn't the best Ive had but it was really good. The tomato sauce was not too seasoned which paired really well with the hummus. I even ordered extra. Those two with the pita bread was the best (if not the only) part of the meal. The meat was ok and wish it had more taste. The dressing on the salad was prob the worst as it was too watery for me.
Service was great, very patient.
You should now expect it to be fancy, the place is small and prob not for special ocassions but a budget place you can find great hummus food. I was curious to try the combo and spinach pie but unfortunately I could only handle one dish. Price was cheap for US standard but as a world-traveller, i've eaten way better for even less.

Reviewed 22 August 2016

Eating at Alyan's is akin to being in a small bistro in a Middle Eastern country. The food is cooked to order and absolutely superb. Generous portions. I try to go there at least once a month. It's a 5-star experience even though the baklava is more on the dry side and not dripping with honey.