“"If they can Park, They will come."”
Review of McCrossen's Tavern

McCrossen's Tavern
Ranked #413 of 4,484 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 September 2017

Went to McCrossen's Sunday night with family, about 20. Gave us a nice back room to accommodate us. Service was excellent and the food was very good. Wings and Burgers were just right. All appeared to enjoy their meals. Prices were not cheap however and good luck finding parking. You may have to park blocks away to eat or drink here. Must be predominantly locals in the city that come here. Probably great for lunch during the work week or perhaps happy hour after work. The tavern was recommended by my nephew who of course lives around the corner. Great place and would've given 5 star if not for the parking and some of the prices. Many craft beers but not too many domestics that I cared for. If you can get here, you will enjoy it.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Wonderful indoor/outdoor cafe but the outdoor table was exceptional. Great service and food. Neighborhood cafe.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

Was my favorite hang out back in the day! Usually after work, sometimes for lunch - but we walked over. Parking is a real pain, took be 1/2 hour to find one and it cost $5.00 for 2 hours, which meant we had to run back and had to cut our lunch short. Don't miss Philly much at all. I had one of my old favorites which was still on the menu. Penne ala vodka. Should have some form of ham, peas and blush sauce. Cooked the penne ok, but the sauce was very bland. Only saved by the parmesan cheese. Very, very little ham.....so just ok. I was disappointed. Friends had chicken sandwiches and fries - nothing special. Service was very good and the beer was nice and cold.

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Great scallops and burger! Loved the wings ! They were a bit hot but crunchy very good! Atmosphere was nice in the dining area! Great dinner

Reviewed 29 April 2017

My wife's meal was much better than mine. She ordered the meatloaf special on pita. (She gave me a bite: quite tasty). I got a burger. The bun was very ordinary, and the meat was dry. But the fries! Wow. Best I've had in years. So good I forgot all about my boring burger.

Very attentive staff and the ambiance is quite nice. This is not a run-down tavern.