“Lunch with a buddy and his wife”
Review of McCrossen's Tavern

McCrossen's Tavern
Ranked #413 of 4,484 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 July 2017

Was my favorite hang out back in the day! Usually after work, sometimes for lunch - but we walked over. Parking is a real pain, took be 1/2 hour to find one and it cost $5.00 for 2 hours, which meant we had to run back and had to cut our lunch short. Don't miss Philly much at all. I had one of my old favorites which was still on the menu. Penne ala vodka. Should have some form of ham, peas and blush sauce. Cooked the penne ok, but the sauce was very bland. Only saved by the parmesan cheese. Very, very little ham.....so just ok. I was disappointed. Friends had chicken sandwiches and fries - nothing special. Service was very good and the beer was nice and cold.

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Great scallops and burger! Loved the wings ! They were a bit hot but crunchy very good! Atmosphere was nice in the dining area! Great dinner

Reviewed 29 April 2017

My wife's meal was much better than mine. She ordered the meatloaf special on pita. (She gave me a bite: quite tasty). I got a burger. The bun was very ordinary, and the meat was dry. But the fries! Wow. Best I've had in years. So good I forgot all about my boring burger.

Very attentive staff and the ambiance is quite nice. This is not a run-down tavern.

Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

It's a bit off the beaten path, but it's an amazing little resturant with one of the best burgers, fries and wings I've ever had! A good place to eat after visiting the Pententary!

1  Thank Lucy K
Reviewed 6 April 2017

A local told us to try this pub for lunch, and we were happy we did. It is off the beaten path, but worth the walk from downtown. It was a chilly rainy day and the atmosphere in the pub was warm and cozy. The food was excellent, the french onion soup was wonderful.