“Fabulous fries...boring burger”

Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 April 2017

My wife's meal was much better than mine. She ordered the meatloaf special on pita. (She gave me a bite: quite tasty). I got a burger. The bun was very ordinary, and the meat was dry. But the fries! Wow. Best I've had in years. So good I forgot all about my boring burger.

Very attentive staff and the ambiance is quite nice. This is not a run-down tavern.

Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

It's a bit off the beaten path, but it's an amazing little resturant with one of the best burgers, fries and wings I've ever had! A good place to eat after visiting the Pententary!

1  Thank Lucy K
Reviewed 6 April 2017

A local told us to try this pub for lunch, and we were happy we did. It is off the beaten path, but worth the walk from downtown. It was a chilly rainy day and the atmosphere in the pub was warm and cozy. The food was excellent, the french onion soup was wonderful.

Reviewed 16 August 2016

I've only ever been to this bar for brunch, but their brunch is great. The food is always really good and reasonably priced.

Reviewed 16 May 2016 via mobile

Wanted something local to our hotel near Logan Square. The tavern was an easy 6 min walk and while it was a busy Sat night, McCrossen's had a comfortable, non hurried pace.
Fried brussel sprouts were excellent.
The whipped ricotta was truly unique and the smoked salmon flatbread was a great appetizer.

Would strongly recommend this plan for a casual dinner.