“Effie's is a Greek restaurant with very good food and a friendly server”
Review of Effie's

Effie's
Reserve with OpenTable
Effie's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #377 of 5,035 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: City Centre East
Cross street: 11th
Transit: Get off at 11th & Walnut
Reviewed 5 July 2017

Ask to sit in the "garden," a little outdoor area in the rear of the restaurant. The moussaka was one of the best as was the Greek salad. Stuffed peppers was very
good as well. I believe it was BYOB.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

We walked around the neighborhood and found Effie's. It is a casual restaurant with excellent cuisine and good service. We had a table in the outdoor courtyard which is charming. Our appetizers were the hummus trio and the tomato and cucumber salad. For the main course, we split the Effie's chicken which was delicious with lemon wine and mushrooms. This is BYOB so my husband bought a bottle of wine at a nearby shop.

Reviewed 30 May 2017

My husband and I recently visited Philly for 4 days. Effie's could not have been better. Waiter pleasantly accommodated our food needs, food was delicious, attentive service and nice Greek music playing in the background. We even received a yummy dessert on the house!

Reviewed 9 May 2017

We found Effie's quite by accident while strolling around the neighborhood. We liked the charm and the friendly staff. We were warmly greeted and seated in the small dining room at a cozy table for two. Dinner was excellent. We shared an appetizer of Dolmades. The delicious rice stuffed grape leaves were served with warm pita bread and a pesto dipping sauce. My husband had braised lamb. It was served over rice with a rich tomato sauce. The lamb was tender and nicely seasoned. I had the mussels as an entree. The mussels are served in a lovely broth seasoned with mustard, feta, garlic and hot pepper. The serving was large and the mussels were shelled. Dessert of the day was a very light filled pastry finished with a drizzle of honey. It was outstanding! I recommend reservation since seating is limited. Outdoor dining is available, as is take out. BYOB

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

On vacation in philly and felt like something different. Based on distance, rating and pricing - we came upon Effie's. Having worked in Astoria Queens NY, I've had my fair share of Greek. Effie's did not disappoint. Portions were huge, pricing was good, and most importantly the food was delicious. It was not a fancy place, but that wasn't the priority. Recommend!