“Friendly staff, great dining, fabulous bar and upstairs party space”

Karma Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #281 of 5,104 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: City Centre East
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went with friends and a child we were made very welcome. There is a very extensive menu. There was butter chicken and mango lassi for our 7 year old who doesnt want it spicy and we had a wonderful selection of curries from very spicy to moderate.

We had some wonderful cocktails to top off our good times.
We were welcomed and felt totally relaxed and comfortable there.
Our friends go most weeks and we have returned a number of times, it is always good.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 18 October 2018

- We had great service and and the food was better than most other restaurants. Reasonable prices and a great service staff make this a place to add to your rotation when dining out.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 13 August 2018

Great food. I also went with my kids who have nut allergies and the staff and manager (Mani) were knowledgeable and very helpful in this regard. We had an excellent meal!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 5 August 2018

Some of the best Indian food I have eaten in the US. I had tandoori lamb chops which were perfectly cooked and delicious. If you are used to eating Indian food with an authentic level of spice, then I would advise you to ask them to cook your food with an Indian level of spice. This way you will avoid the rather mild version of the original that you generally get in the US. If I recall correctly, our waiter asked us how spicy we wanted our food, so it was not as if I had to make a special request. On the other hand, if you do not like hot food, then they will oblige; one of our party had a simply delicious mild (I know, it should be mild) butter chicken dish.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Went to this restaurant for dinner. It was great food and the portions were plentiful. They also bring complimentary steamed rice with the curries. I ordered an aloo papdi chaat, malai Kofta, naan and the rice was on the house! The mango martini was refreshing. The pistachio kulfi was ok. Will definitely visit again!

Date of visit: July 2018