“Good Balu for money Indian food”

Karma Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Karma Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #293 of 5,035 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: City Centre East
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

Went to meet a friend’s kid who was studying in UPenn and took him to Karma for lunch
The set meals both vegetarian and chicken Thai was sumptuous and good except the gajar halva was not up to the mark
The Delhi dream drink was very good but the virgin pina colada was too sweet

Reviewed 11 September 2017

We went here for dinner after visiting the Museum of the American Revolution. Most of the clientele were people from India or of Indian descent. Good sign, right? The sign out front said "First timer recommendations" which caught our interest. I like the indian food I have had but not a lot of experience. I try to avoid fried foods so that ruled out about 3/4 of the menu items. But there were still many healthy choices. I had the baked Cauliflower appetizer- a tiny bit spicy and delicious. For an entree I had Saag Paneer (a spinach dish) with chicken, I asked for medium spicy which was as hot as I could stand. The chicken was a little dry and tough but there was plenty of spinach sauce to go with. The guy I was with had Lamb Korma and he was very happy. We wished we had ordered a side of bread. But portions were large and we brought home about half of it.
The service was excellent, back ground music was just right, enjoyable, not too loud. I would give this 4 stars because of dry chicken but that might result in bad karma.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

The food at Karma is really tasty and fulfilling. I had the chicken Thali and it comes with a lot of side dishes to satisfy your hunger. Good Indian restaurant. The only thing that I didn't like was the decor. It was not bright in colors. I wish they had a shade of white inside to make it look big and bright. I hope someone reads my feedback does a color change.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Enjoyed chicken tandoori with rice. Excellent, could not finish my portion. Friendly staff, casual, relaxed down home environment, not fancy but clean, great prices and would definitely go back.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

We were pleasantly surprised by the excellent food and spices that Karma Restaurant & Bar had to offer. We would recommend everything. The atmosphere was very Indian and liked the decor, especially the elephant.