“Good Japanese Cuisine Slow Service”
Review of Yanako

Yanako
Ranked #837 of 4,485 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 26 November 2016

Passed by this restaurant during lunch. Went in 'cause we're craving for Japanese food.

Lunch was around $15-18.

Service was slow despite there wasn't many customers.

Food was decent.

A good choice for Japanese food in the area.

Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

Great place for dinner in Manayunk. We ordered the gyoza and multiple rolls. It was very clear that they use high quality ingredients here. Great atmosphere, nice interior and enjoyable dining experience. Would definitely return.

Reviewed 3 December 2015 via mobile

I was very pleasantly surprised with this little Thai place. The atmosphere was very serene, the staff extremely attentive, and the food was delicious and authentic. My co-worker found the food a little too spicey, but I thought it was perfect! I would encourage you to try this wonderful little restaurant!

Reviewed 23 November 2015

Me any my wife like to eat Thai food. We haven't had any in years and we decided at the spur of the moment to try out this place. When we went in the staff were friendly and the place was clean. Definitely liked the interior decoration, but felt that the seating was too close to each other to enjoy any privacy.
I got the green curry with beef and it was spicy. By the middle of the bowl my nose was running and I felt hot. I definitely enjoyed it and it had so much flavor.
My wife ate the red curry one with chicken and hers was much more mild and it also tasted great.
We did try the appetizer of the chicken on skewers with peanut sauce and we were impressed.
We definitely want to go back and would highly recommend this place to anyone who likes Thai food.

Reviewed 11 October 2015

As a Manayunk resident, Yanako is our favorite restaurant in the area. The food is always excellent, fresh, and delicious. The atmosphere is unique and beautiful. The waitstaff are friendly and helpful and seem passionate about the food they serve. One of the best parts is that Chabaa Thai is also available from the Yanako kitchen while their own restaurant is being renovated. You can get amazing Thai and Japanese at the same time, which is hard to beat.