“Best in Manayunk”

Yanako
Ranked #846 of 4,484 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 11 October 2015

As a Manayunk resident, Yanako is our favorite restaurant in the area. The food is always excellent, fresh, and delicious. The atmosphere is unique and beautiful. The waitstaff are friendly and helpful and seem passionate about the food they serve. One of the best parts is that Chabaa Thai is also available from the Yanako kitchen while their own restaurant is being renovated. You can get amazing Thai and Japanese at the same time, which is hard to beat.

Reviewed 22 May 2015 via mobile

Yanako is a favorite for our family, and we return here quite often for the consistent service, delicious food, and great atmosphere. Excellent Japanese cuisine, and while their sister restaurant- Chabaa Thai- is relocating, they have Thai classics as well.

Reviewed 5 October 2014 via mobile

I wanted to go to Chabaa, which was closed. The sign in the door said a limited Thai menu was available at Yanko. After being seated, I found out that Thai items were only available on the restaurant week menu. I was very disappointed by that because I didn't want to have to order a four course dinner just to get Pad Thai. I ended up ordering salmon teriyaki. It took an hour for our entrees to come out. Our waiter was nice and the food was good but an hour for entrees to come out is too long.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

My first impress is staff. They are very friendly, care and good service
I enjoy a lot all menu we order, sushi, avocado salad, especially the last one in
picture i added. I can't remember the name. I really like it. So yummy. It good for starter too.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

I thought the food here was very fresh, nicely spiced, nothing too overwhelming, seemed authentic (but what do I know?), and the service was excellent. Our female serveer helped us out (newbies to sushi) and she was spot on with all her advice. We had soups, sushi, teriyaki, tempura, and since we brought our own bottle of wine, the final bill was not bad. No bottle cork fee (I appreciate that). Glad it's in my back yard. I will return from time to time.