“Excellent ”

Flying Monkey Bakery
Ranked #5 of 161 Bakeries in Philadelphia
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Wonderful desserts! The whoopie pie was great! Highly recommend stopping here for something sweet. The cupcakes were moist. They even had a vegan cupcake that my sis could eat! Its worth walking through the crowd to get to these sweets!

Reviewed 22 February 2018

We had the red velvet cookies and cream and the classic. They were both excellent, as was the service. Surprisingly, Whole Foods Whoopie Pies are the best I have ever had. But Flying Monkey is a close second.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

This is a good place for treats when in the Reading Terminal Market. We were here last weekend and had some cookies. The Snickerdoodle cookies were good. The Double Chocolate M&M cookies were very good. They also have rice crispy treats, cupcakes and brownies etc... It's clean, the staff is nice and the prices are reasonable.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

We stop here every time we go to Reading Terminal, all baking done on premises. They have a special cake each day , we had the Eagles cake which was not only very Green and white marble but OMG sooo delicious . They have never disappointed in all our trips . We have had the brownies , cookies , cakes , bars , and cupcakes !!!!!! A must visit , everything is always fresh and amazing !!!!!!!

Reviewed 13 November 2017

We're New Englanders. We didn't know what "Buttercake" was. So when we saw it in the case at the Flying Monkey in Reading Terminal, it looked great and we bought that and chocolate butter cake. Holy cow. It was amazing. Both flavors were a little taste of heaven. A butter explosion. You can bet your butt when we go back down there we'll be picking up more butter cake.

The whoopie pies were so moist and the cream inside had to be butter cream. Unreal. This place is dangerous and my doctor would surely advise me to stay away.

But I won't. I'm heading back. First chance I get.