“Buttercake? Holy cow. Whoopie pies? Oh My God.”

Flying Monkey Bakery
Ranked #7 of 163 Bakeries in Philadelphia
Reviewed 13 November 2017

We're New Englanders. We didn't know what "Buttercake" was. So when we saw it in the case at the Flying Monkey in Reading Terminal, it looked great and we bought that and chocolate butter cake. Holy cow. It was amazing. Both flavors were a little taste of heaven. A butter explosion. You can bet your butt when we go back down there we'll be picking up more butter cake.

The whoopie pies were so moist and the cream inside had to be butter cream. Unreal. This place is dangerous and my doctor would surely advise me to stay away.

But I won't. I'm heading back. First chance I get.

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed 1 November 2017

I love this little bakery. Every Saturday I buy two of the best Macaroons on earth. The people are not only friendly but cheerful; They enjoy what they do. Over the next few years, I will slowly taste everything they bake. Awesome and fun! Great location in the Reading Terminal Market.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 13 October 2017

I thought whoopie pies were a Philadelphia/Pennsylvania thing but this was the only bakery anywhere in the city that we found them. They had a lot of tasty-looking treats but we stuck to the whoopie pies - traditional, cookies n creme, pumpkin and mint/chocolate.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

We tried the flourless chocolate cake and tiramisu cupcake they were excellent. Everything is really chilled perfect for picking up after lunch in market take with you on a big bus tour and eat outside in philly!

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 7 September 2017

I have tried a few things from here , but was not impressed. It's been a while so maybe I should try again. I do remember smiling at the thick colorful rice crispy square in their case.

Date of visit: November 2016