US$155
US$162
US$141
RodewayInn
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$158/night.

US$202
US$232
US$171
US$149
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$180/night.

US$227
US$174
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmain linedelmonicovalet parkingvalet servicebusiness triphomewood suitesfitness centerballroombellmanuniversityconferencestarbucks
Reviewed 3 April 2018

I was in town visiting family and we stayed here because it was in the vicinity of where everyone was going to be meeting up.

Pulling up to the front I noticed the parking was going to be an issue as is common in the other reviews. I went inside to check-in and asked about parking - '$12 at the lot down the street every time you exit or $15 for valet here unlimited entry/exit,' easy decision, or so I thought. We were in town from about 5 pm Saturday until 10:30 am Sunday. Valeted the car twice. Average wait time to park/exit: 20 minutes. Average number of arguments between valets over who would either go get or go park my car: Greater than 1. On my way out the hotel attendant asked how my stay was. I said 'valet parking is pretty unorganized.' To their credit, I was not charged for valet parking due to my experience. It was not requested, and it was very appreciated.

Everything else -

Breakfast buffet: There were some good options, some not great options (Eggs were pretty meh). Only downside was the water was not left at the table or the buffet so we had to wait every time for our waiter to come back, which happened once. Overall, i'd give it a B-, if it wasn't included i'd go elsewhere.

Bed: Very nice, big comfy king bed with nice good pillows. Solid A+ here Hilton.

Shower: Waterfall shower. I know they are fancy but I want some pressure. I'll give it a B.

Staff: As mentioned with the parking, the inside staff is very nice and helpful. I would give them an A as well (only not giving the A+ as I really didn't have any issues to bring to them other than the parking).

You can definitely do worse than this Hilton. Next time I'm in the area, I'll probably try to see if I can do better though.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank J L
John-HiltonHelp, on behalf of management at Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Dear J L,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We really appreciate your comments and are very sorry for the problems encountered with our valet but are happy our staff could assist. We will address your comments with our valet team as we work to improve our guest experience. Your feedback is genuinely appreciated as it is the first step in helping us improve our services. We hope you will come visit us in the future.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

Very clean & nice updates, I thought parking would’ve been an issue but the valet service was superb! My only complaint is no breakfast for in the morning. Other than that hotel was great very clean rooms!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 24 March 2018

This is a well maintain, refreshed standard Hilton property. I've stayed in a TON of hotels in the western Philadelphia suburbs over the years and to be honest there are a lot of mediocre options out there. I think it is worth driving in toward the Hilton City Ave, even if your business takes you out further.

Parking is ok. If it is not too crowded, you can park on the street. Otherwise, i would recommend the valet because self park is a pain.

The rooms are modern and clean. Some have views of the reservoir, which is nice to see some open space and somewhat of a skyline in the distance.

The staff was professional and helpful. I didn't have much more interaction than check in and check out, but overall, they seemed to live up to the brand.

Room Tip: Get onto a higher floor with a city view
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 March 2018

The stay was very comfortable and the staff was very attentive. The room was clean and the hotel staff was very helpful. The security of the hotel was excellent as well . The hotel is very safe no problem with parking as well .

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights and the hotel itself was nice. We got upgraded to a suite which was nice, maybe due to our late check in? Hotel was clean, employees friendly, room spacious, and security was nice as you have to have a key to even use the elevator. Down sides were that the sheets and pillows for the pullout couch were not in the closet as they should have been, the pool is small and shared with the hotel next door, and breakfast is $15/person. Worst of all is the parking!!! If you aren’t lucky enough to get a spot on the street right in front of the hotel then you have to park down the street in a lot about a 5 minute walk away.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Wayne S, General Manager at Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. The Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue goal is to deliver memorable experiences and surpassing our guests expectations. It looks like we did during your stay.

When it condescending to the linen kept in the closets, we have found out that it does stay fresh. So we wait until the guest call down to deliver fresh linen to our suits for the pull out couch.

Next time you stay with us you should use our valet parking which is only $3 dollars more then the lot. And you will also have in and out privileges.

Thank you again for this review.