“If this is vegetarian, then I am in!!”
Review of Vedge

Vedge
Ranked #30 of 5,035 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 12th Street
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

I will be the first to admit that I am not a vegetarian. I enjoy beef, chicken, and seafood. I was invited to this restaurant with some friends. Before arriving, I looked researched in anticipation of what I would order. Honestly I was very confused. Some of the reviews were really good others stated that their food was bland. This is an honest independent review to help others like me make a decision. The restaurant is located in an older structure. When you walk in, you’ll see a big bar area. We arrived and had some drinks there. Everyone was pleasant and welcoming. We were then seated. Our waiter Steven was very helpful. We asked him to script the menu for us. We asked him to explain every item which he did very well. He scripted three courses for us . Everything was incredibly amazing. I say this as a very picky eater. It was a truly incredible culinary experience. The food was sophisticated and smart. Here is what we had: He started us with the stuffed avocado, the fancy radishes, and the rutabaga fondue (this was incredible and a must try); next, he brought charred brussels sprouts, shaved Tokyo turnips, Cauliflower Tagine (This was a great) and the Nebrodini mushrooms. The finale was the wood roasted carrots, the egg plant Braciole and the seared maitake mushroom. You can’t go wrong with any of these picks. I will definitely return for more !! I never expected vegetarian to be this good.

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

If you're a vegan this is your place. The atmosphere was very pleasant, noise level controlled, service very good. Food preparation was excellent. Some of the food became monotonous and bland. Taking the cheese out of an au gratin dish and substituting yeast may work, but why bother. The mushroom dishes were excellent. A lot of turnips, rutabagas, radishes and of course the $15 grilled carrot Reuben. Ice cream just doesn't taste right without cream. Not nearly as good as Green's in San Francisco. Glad we went, but wouldn't return.

Reviewed 28 January 2018

If you take out the meat, you need to add flavor. Obviously this restaurant is not aware of this fact. Bland, tasteless food which was utterly disgusting and overpriced. They deliberately make tiny portions to force you to order more food, so they can make more money. Pretentious, unfriendly and unprofessional staff who need a reality check. Why this restaurant is on Philadelphia's Top 50 list is a mystery. There are certainly way better vegetarian options out there.

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

I wanted to love this place, but frankly there is only so much one can do to make an all veggie menu interesting... a number of the dishes were great, but others fell flat. Liked the beets 5 ways and the eggplant dish best.

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

Went here because I heard it was good I'm very into eating Healthy but my overall opinion was it was just mediocre. Had a pretzel with a fondue and a carrot that was well dressed with some kind of sauce thought it was mediocre. Desert was ok. But was still hungry after eating here. My overall opinion not worth the high prices.