Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center
Ranked #26 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 10 January 2012

I stayed at this hotel the night before the Winter Classic and barely got any sleep. I am somewhat of a light sleeper and generally sleep through most noises, but I had much difficulty enjoying a restful night sleep at this hotel. There are a couple of things that contributed to my lack of sleep. First of all the convention center loading dock was directly across the street from my room and was very loud with trucks backing into the dock all night. I would constantly be woken up by the beeping sound that trucks make as they are backing up. Secondly, the window heat & ac unit was very noisy and allowed the sound of the traffic down below as well as the trucks in the convention center loading dock in very clearly.

I hoped for better from this hotel, but was disappointed I was unable to sleep well here. If I had a room higher up and not directly across the street from the convention center loading dock it might have been a different story. However, the window heat & ac unit was still about as noisy as they get and would have probably have woken me up as well.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a room that is not directly across from the convention center loading dock.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 January 2012

It was my birthday and Sydney at the front desk made me a basket with gifts! My stay was made very special. Right near the reading terminal market. The staff are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank laboother
Reviewed 5 January 2012

This hotel was reasonable, perfectly located, clean and well appointed. The staff were exceptionally nice. They went out of their way to make us and our kids comfortable. The free breakfast was a pleasant addition. I would make this hotel my Philly go to spot for the future!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We were pleasantly surprised by this Hampton Inn. We were in town for a New Year's Eve party and chose the hotel based on location. We were pleased to find nice rooms, a helpful front desk staff, and valet parking. Valet parking is $35, which is failry standard for the city. The fitness center was also well equipped and breakfast was nice. The hotel was perfect for our needs and the price was reasonable. If we were in the area, we would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
roger_weber, General Manager at Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your survey. I'm glad you were able to stay at the Hampton Inn Philadelphia and welcome 2012. The kind words about the hotel are appreciated and will be reviewed by the staff.
Thanks so staying with us.
Roger Weber

Reviewed 25 December 2011

This hotel is well located and it is easy to walk to all attractions. We paid extra for parking which is located on the same block and is not under cover. Our room was comfortable, the Hampton Inn beds are always excellent. Breakfast provided a range of products, the fresh fruit seemed a little fermented. Everything else was good, great to have a laundry. Great to stay where the staff care about the hotel and actively seek to enhance your stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Racandtac
Travellers also viewed these Philadelphia hotels
Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City
Home2 Suites by Hilton Philadelphia - Convention Center, PA
Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown

Been to Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center

Address: 1301 Race St, corner of 13th St. and Race St., Philadelphia, PA 19107-1517
Region: United States > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#22 Business Hotel in Philadelphia
#25 Family Hotel in Philadelphia
#36 Romantic Hotel in Philadelphia
Price Range: €105 - €263 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center 3*
The Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City-Convention Center is ideally located in downtown Philadelphia across the street from the Pennsylvania Convention Center and only blocks from many major companies. Philadelphia International Airport is only 30 minutes away. Our hotel is within walking distance to historic sites such as Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell, the Betsy Ross House, and Penn’s Landing, and only 15 minutes from the Wells Fargo Center, Lincoln Financial Field, and Citizens Bank Park. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City - Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn Philadelphia Hotel Philadelphia