“Family Fav”

Ranked #597 of 5,035 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Reviewed 26 March 2018

We miss coming to this place as frequently as we used to since we moved out of the city. Great little spot for some flavorful food, nice drink selection, and warm atmosphere.

We were pretty hungry upon arrival and jumped right to it with some apps: fried green tomatoes, gator bites, and biscuits. Fried green tomatoes are always a win. The seasoning alone has us coming back for more. They are crisp, and fresh, with a nice dollup of sauce on top. Biscuits and honey - c'mon, nothing to question there: yum. But we were a bit adventurous going for the gator bites this go around. I must say: they were SO good, I would CERTAINLY get them again. Even the KIDS were in to them!
My kids had brunch, my daughter had eggs, bacon and home fries, my son had an eggs benedict. His only complaint was the meat - it was more like ham than he had expected. My husband and I always have a hard time picking one thing off the menu, so we split a catfish po'boy and the shrimp and grits. They must have been good, because for the first time EVER: our plates were CLEAN when we left!

Man, this is one of our fav spots when in the area, and continues to meet/exceed expectations with each visit.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Good and authentic New Orleans cuisine at reasonable prices. Small but effective establishment. Very enjoyable!!

Reviewed 15 February 2018

The food is totally amazing! Everything we ordered was delicious, tasty and cooked perfectly. Just to give an example...we had the New Orleans BBQ Shrimp, Cajun Mac and Cheese Balls, and the Bourbon Street sampler for starters. Entrees we chose were The Big Easy Bayou and the Seafood Jambalaya. Omg!!! We had no complaints whatsoever. Hands down the owners of this establishment has replicated some of New Orleans staple foods. Having just come back from New Orleans myself, I can honestly say that this food definitely stands up to and in my opinion exceeded some of the French Quarter restaurants in New Orleans. I had a chance to meet the owner and I told her we need to pack her up and move her restaurant to New Orleans. The French Quarter has too many commercialized places. Her jambalaya was better than any of the places we ate in the French Quarter. So thumbs up to Catahoula in Philly. WOW! Can't wait to go back and taste some more of your menu items!!! Yum!!!

Reviewed 31 December 2017

Met our sons and their girlfriends here for dinner. Last came 3 years ago and it is still great. Small place whose kitchen puts out great food — everyone enjoyed their meals. Appetizers through dessert! Service was attentative. We went before 7:30- a smart move, since it got really busy later on. I hope it doesn’t take us another 3 years to return!

Reviewed 31 July 2017

We had a fantastic dinner. I ordered the pecan encrusted Salmon which was great and came in a nice sized fillet. There was no question here that they pecans on top. The asparagus was nicely quick fried and the mash potatoes were just right. The other order was Shrimp N' Grits. The grits had a delicious truffled mushroom gouda sauce.

To top off the meal, there was their signature Biroche Bread Pudding. That itself was a complete meal.

Service was great and personal.

While we ate inside, it was a small and personal with seating either at high tables or at the bar. During the summer they have seating on the outside which would invite families.

NOTE - plan to get a cab there during the 'school season' as there is NO parking during the week after 4:30. We went Sunday (30/7) afternoon and were happy to find parking but had tried several times before and should have parked elsewhere and taken a cab to the restaurant..