“Best chicken schnitzel I've ever had”
Review of Brauhaus Schmitz

Brauhaus Schmitz
Reserve with OpenTable
Brauhaus Schmitz is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #126 of 4,521 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: German
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Center East
Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

My friends and I went here the other weekend as the dinner to start off my bachelorette party. The staff were not only dressed in cultural dress which was super cool but also so friendly and did a great job taking care of us. The drink selections were very extensive which made it difficult to pick. I ordered the chicken schnitzel which was so lightly breaded and was honestly the best I've ever had. When it was time for dessert a couple of people from my group got Apple strudel and someone got schnapps. Everything was so good!

Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

Three big Fs: Fun, Filling, Fast!
This place is great! We came here during Oktoberfest, and had a great time! The place was thumping with festive music, was alternately decorated for the holiday and was exactly what you expect when you think of a German restaurant. The food was delicious, appetizers were served hot and fast and the food was extremely rich and filling. I highly recommend this place, and am hoping to visit again this year!

Reviewed 9 August 2016

My son and I had dinner there a few weeks ago. The restaurant is very reminiscent of places in Bavaria. Had a pork shank that was on par with many I have had in Bavaria. As best I can tell, its the only place in Philadelphia that offers roasted pork shank. My only disappointment was that they didn't have mashed potatoes. Instead, they served a potato ball (authentic, but not a favorite of mine). The red cabbage was very good as well.

Reviewed 8 August 2016

Went here before the Coldplay concert, and it was great to have all the pre-show beers. As I am not a big fan of German food or German beer, I went because my son wanted to check it out, and I had already had a great lunch.

Well....it was fabulous. The service was as good as one could wish, the room was really good looking and the selection of beers was amazing. And, I had four different beers, and while I did not love any of them, I loved the selection and the vast number of choices/differences. In terms of food....another great win. They had lots of things I have never had before, and everything I tried was interesting. My guess is that if you were a connoisseur of German food, you might have a better/deeper understanding if this place was great or not, but for me, I am very, very happy to have gone there. Would I go again?....maybe not, but only because there are many other choices and I like pretty much every other style of food better. However, again, I am very thankful to have visited this establishment, and if you are looking for this style, or something different, give it a run....I am glad I did.

Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

I grew up in Germany. I can tell you that this food is just as good as the German food I ate in Weiterstadt! We had the Rabbit stew, jäger schnitzel with dumpling, and German Ravioli. Very rich in flavor and tastes. The schnitzel comes in pork, veal and chicken. The Rabbit was great! With 3 beers total was $91.