10 people are viewing this hotel
US$195
Free cancellation until 22/04/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
PricelineUS$194
eDreamsUS$195
HurbUS$200
3,009 results
All reviews wine hour rittenhouse square truffle oil spa tub yoga mat a pet friendly hotel city view center city front desk staff hotel restaurant valet parking wonderful hotel street noise corner room few blocks upon check liberty bell
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 February 2021 via mobile

I was really looking forward to staying here. We usually stay at the Soffitell but I wanted to give this place a try. It wasn’t horrible but it wasn’t great by a long shot. The location is what makes it. The rooms are nice the bathrooms okay. I was there to celebrate my birthday have drinks go to dinner and then celebrate with a friends ,brunch at the restaurant In the hotel Square 52. Upon check out , which we did early, we asked for them to hold our bags while we dined at their restaurant. We were told “No, we are not doing that, we are too busy. There was no one else checking out at that moment. We explained that we were going into the restaurant, and were told to bring our bags with us. In all of the years and hundreds of hotel stays, we have never heard that. And a very sarcastic “Have a nice day” followed that.
We then went to brunch which again was pretty sub standard.
Sad to leave there feeling that way.
My husband is a club member and stays at Kimptons for business travel and has never had a bad thing to say. I would definitely get little Miss “Have a good day “ some customer service training.
I will never recommend for anyone I know to stay here, in fact I will point them to other hotels.
I believe that this is the most negative review I have ever written.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2021

Let me preface this review by saying that I specifically selected the highest room category because I wanted the jacuzzi tub that comes with it--and so my experience which was highly positive might not be the same for someone who books a lower category room. That said, I was very pleasantly surprised by how great my experience was during my brief stay at the Kimpton Hotel Palomar last week. If you are looking for a special experience then I definitely recommend paying a bit more for a room (or suite) that has a soaking tub/jacuzzi with it. The room I stayed in on the 22nd floor had gorgeous views over Philadelphia, a very generous sized room, great temperature control (always necessary!) and most importantly it was IMMACULATELY clean. No hairs lying around, etc, etc, as so often happens when a person looks carefully at their hotel room. Kudos to the housekeeping team here at Kimpton Palomar for taking such good cleanliness measures! The white marble bathroom with the tub had a view from its own large window (close the shades for privacy during the day unless you're into showing the world yourself) with great temperature, water pressure, bath amenities (I love the Atelier Bloem line!) Even the bath towels were of good quality (although the hand towels were a bit thin.) The bed was very comfortable, sheets were nice (although the pillow case had a tear in it) and thankfully while there did seem to be a lot of guests checking in I was not bothered by any noises from "neighbors" nor from outside. Talking about outside--this hotel is in such a convenient area to stay if you like Center City Philadelphia--near all the stores and with Starbucks, etc, right around the corner--literally. The staff was also pleasant at the front desk upon checking in--they followed up by text in case I needed anything which I appreciated. Although I did not get a chance to visit the hotel restaurant it was open for limited indoor dining which I appreciated and would definitely try out next time. While the hotel is more on the expensive end I would highly recommend it and am already planning on my next little mini-break to visit again! Great job team at Kimpton Hotel Palomar--you're an example of excellence in hospitality!

Date of stay: January 2021
3  Thank matthewr613
Reviewed 16 November 2020 via mobile

We booked this hotel for a weekend getaway for me and my best friend. The location was just perfect, everything was in walking distance and the food was amazing.

The bar at the hotel was very put together and the waiter was very attentive.

The hotel staff was extremely over-the-top great customer service. Savannah made our stay 100% excellent after we had a toilet issue, she immediately put us into another room with no hesitation along with a credit on the room. We loved our stay here and i will stay here over and over and over again.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 November 2020

Me and my partner were checked in by Savannah who, was great. Check in was short, simple, and sweet just the way I like it. After checking in she even texted us to make sure the room was to our liking. I appreciate hotels trying thier best to accomodate us and protect us during the pandemic. The Palomar has found a perfect mix, they have found a way to keep guest safe without sacrificing those small ammenities that truly make a difference. The location is also amzing s many bars, cafes, and shops near by. I will definety be back!

Date of stay: November 2020
Reviewed 13 October 2020

I did not like my stay. I arrived and requested a room with a shower but they informed me all the rooms with showers are dirty at the time. They mentioned a room I can be provided to accommodate the rooms being dirty. This was great until I realized I was charge an additional $200. They mentioned an update that I did not agree. I was informed the room that I was placed in was to accommodate duet to the other rooms being dirty.

Date of stay: October 2020