“Great Philly Cheesesteak”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Neighbourhood: Bella Vista / Queen Village
Neighbourhood: Bella Vista / Queen Village
Reviewed 4 September 2018

After two failed famous cheese steak restaurant's we had one last stop before ending our trip on the city of brotherly love. I guess you can say we saved the best for last. We liked it. Our search for great cheese steak is complete.

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Even though the restaurant’s name says “Roast Pork” and many people do order the namesake food, John’s Roast Pork is a fixture in the Philly Cheesesteak community. I didn’t see whiz cheese on the menu, which was OK because the way the onions are diced into the meat coupled with your choice of American, Provolone or Sharp Provolone cheese = an awesome Cheesesteak!!

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

‘Twas a very long line when we arrived. Finally we hit the counter and I ordered the pork with spinach sandwich and my husband ordered cheesesteak. I took two bites of my pork sandwich and I am done! My nose is very sensitive to smell especially in meat is a turn off enough for me to lost appetite. I am disappointed with roast pork.

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

Great food. This is the quintessential family-run classic cheesesteak restaurant. It's a little off the beaten path, but totally worth the trip.

Reviewed 14 July 2018

I like to eat. This is the best sandwich I’ve ever had. I had the roast pork its almost unbelievably great. Yes the place is a little rough outside but aside from that this is a Philly must. Park in the shopping strip across the street.