Lowest prices for your stay
HIExpress.com
SAVE US$58
PricelineUS$167
Expedia.comUS$167
Lol.travelUS$201
All reviews the ben franklin bridge free shuttle pancake machine delaware river river view old city comfort inn room was clean shuttle service front desk staff the hotel offers independence hall would stay again complimentary breakfast historic sites location was perfect noise
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 October 2020 via mobile

I recently stayed at this location for several nights. Let me first say everyone was friendly and helpful. That is where the good part ends. I have stayed in hundreds of hotels, but I can safely say this hotel was the loudest. It is surrounded by major roads, I-95 being the most major one. There is a 4 lane road directly in front of the hotel that is literally a speedway. Cars, motorcycles, and ATV’s speed and race down this road day and night, and there are never any police there to stop them.

Having said all this, I realize there is not much the hotel can do other than soundproofing, which it desperately needs. If you do end up here, the front desk has small machines you can plug in to help deaden the sound.

The only other things were the fact it needs updating, the parking lot is trashy, and it takes about 10 minutes for the water in the shower to get hot.

Bottom line, skip it!!

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Bruce Paris, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Penns Landing, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2020

Swcroder,

Thank you for your candid review. We apologize that your recent stay did not meet expectations. We appreciate your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our services. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide a better experience.

Bruce P.
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 2 September 2020

I have stayed here many times the past year and the hotel is inconsistent. The people are very nice, but it seems there are different rules in the COVID world based on who is working. Very loud music in halls and restaurant. Different service rules depending on who is working.

Date of stay: September 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Penns Landing, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2020

Hello R6116PBmaryh,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us among your many lodging options. We also appreciate your candid remarks.

I am happy that you are one of our frequent guests, and while I am happy that you found our hotel colleagues friendly, I understand your disappointment with the inconsistencies. I am also sorry to hear about the noise issues encountered. We strive to make each stay more pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we will immediately convey your remarks to our hotel’s upper management for improvements on our amenities and services.

Again, thank you for your feedback. I hope we can win back your heart and try us again. Hope to see you soon!

Best,

Kenneth F.

Reviewed 21 August 2020 via mobile

Arrived on a Sunday, requested maid service on Tuesday but did not get any. Requested again on Wednesday along with needing toilet paper and tissues but told wont get any service for five days. No service on Thursday or Friday so what is the definition of 5 days? Daytime employee refused to wear a mask against state and corporate covid policy? Evening employees friendly and helpful.
Have to order breakfast everyday from a checklist. Nothing hot. Dont worry about what cereal you check off, it will always be frosted flakes. Want blueberry muffins? Order them but enjoy the chocolate chip ones that arrive. Save time every morning to thaw your frozen orange or apple juice before drinking. Didnt always get everything requested and silverware/napkins forgotten a few times. You're in a city so some noise is expected but not nightly motorcycle drag racing, atv wheelies back and forth in front of the hotel because its the only wide straight-away with limited lights in the city. Plus the trikes with radios blasting at 3am. Arent the rooms supposed to be more soundproof? Kept me up or woke me up numerous times each night; windows closed, seven stories up. Not happy with this hotel and will not waste my money coming here again.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank I7100GFpauls
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Penns Landing, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2020

Hi I7100GFpauls,

Thanks for your review and for staying with us. We aim to provide efficient and frictionless experiences for guests on the move. I am sorry that the relaxed services and limited amenities in place due to the pandemic, and the noise from the outside greatly affected your stay. I have alerted our management for the impact this had on your visit. I am certain that the necessary guidelines will be in place, so neither you nor any other guest will have a similar experience in the future.

Again, thanks for your feedback and for staying with us. This may not be your greatest visit, but thanks for sharing your concerns. We would love a chance to make it up to you in the future.

Connie D

Reviewed 16 August 2020

You may as well have the windows open. It is so loud.
There is motorcycle traffic up and down Columbus Blvd, cars with radios so loud you can hear the words and feel the beat (on the 6th floor), and the place reeks of pot.
I’m not sure if this state has legalized marijuana, but this hotel may as well have.
It comes in when you turn on the bathroom fan, my family only rode the elevator and we all smelled like it afterward, and lying in bed, the smell would periodically waft in.
I have my 2 kids with me, and we have a long drive tomorrow. I’m so unhappy with this place.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Penns Landing, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2020

Hello L7092QCemilyc,

Thank you so much for choosing our property for your stay. I'm sorry the noise from the outside was an issue, we always try our best to give you sound sleep in all your stays. I'll send your review to our management to ensure we take proper action to prevent this from happening in the future. We'll also investigate what happened with the smell you mention. I have sent you a PM to talk about this a bit more.

We'd love to see you again in the future and show you all the changes and improvements we'll make thanks to your feedback.

Alejandro G.

Reviewed 14 June 2020 via mobile

Don’t be fooled by the beautiful river view, as I was, enticing me to stay an extra night. I stayed 2 nights. My room was not cleaned at all the second day. Just before checking out on the 2nd day, I made a disturbing discovery. There was a stain on the top sheet on the bed and a used band aid on the floor beside the bed. I was not responsible for either. I took pics on my phone and showed them to Management while I was checking out. She said that because I checked out there was nothing she could do, but add points to my account and contact housekeeping. This is unacceptable, I should have received a refund for my stay and not have been unknowingly subjected to such unsanitary conditions. With Covid19, cleanliness is supposed to increase, not decrease! I will stay elsewhere in the future!

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
bparis01201, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Penns Landing, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2020

4Virgins,

Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Express Penn's Landing. I am appalled at the information and photos you had posted and I sincerely apologize as this is not how we enforce the cleanliness of the rooms for our guests. However with the outbreak of Covid-19, we are limited on providing daily cleaning service to every five days to help minimalize the contact of guests belongings. I would like to find out more information on your departure when informing the front desk.

Once again I do apologize for the way this was handled and I will be using this as more in depth training across all departments.

Bruce P.