“Ok food and dirt cheap.”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Neighbourhood: University City
Neighbourhood: University City
Reviewed 16 January 2017

Read this was better than Abyssinian down the street. Not in our opinion!

Better value since the food portions are huge. Not as flavorful and the injera tasted old.

Service was friendly.

Date of visit: April 2016

Reviewed 27 August 2015

Quite decent, tasty food, but I prefer similar dishes as prepared at Abyssinia. My dinner companions ordered the "veggie combo" and though they enjoyed it thought it could be spicier. I had the "Tour of Ethiopia" and although all the dishes were quite good, was underwhelmed by the quantity. Injera was fine; for some reason seemed to be a somewhat light brown color, as distinguished from the whiter injera I am normally served at other Ethiopian restaurants, but it tasted fine. And service was also fine. (Although there appeared only one server for the entire restaurant, it was not crowded.)

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed 17 August 2015

The food her is fantastic! We love Ethiopian food and when the craving hits- this is where we go! The place could use an update for the visual eye. They also could definitely chart more- it is quite a barain!!
I've noticed some people complain the service is slow... but it's not an American fast food restaurant... so I really don't understand that complaint.
If you like Ethiopian food, you'll love this place... and if you want to try Ethiopian food- try this place- it is a great example!

Enjoy!!

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed 10 July 2015

We went to Ethio Café and Restaurant the other night. We chose this restaurant over its neighboring Ethiopian restaurant because it is a BYOB, which we consider a plus.

We were waited on right away and ordered:
Beef Tibs and Kitfo (rare)
Sides
Gomen Wot
Tikil Gomen Wot
Alisha Kik Wot
Misir Wot

The food did take a little extra time for it all to come out. We were not in a hurry, which when dining out, you shouldn’t be, so we enjoyed the atmosphere and company.

When we got our bill, everything was priced reasonable to the point that I over-tipped because the food was delicious and the waitress/owner was awesome.

I would highly recommend going there to enjoy a night out and very delicious Ethiopian Food.

Date of visit: July 2015
Reviewed 2 December 2014

My girlfriends brother was a regular at this place. From the street the place does not look like much with very little seating. We actually ate outside on the patio. The menu is different from what I am used too (I have never eaten Ethiopian food before) but it was very delicious and the portions were very large. The staff which appeared to be all family were very nice and friendly. I would certainly eat here again!

Date of visit: August 2014