Lowest prices for your stay
US$186
Reserve now, pay at stay
Expedia.comUS$186
PricelineUS$186
HurbUS$192
All reviews city hall convention center bank vault wxyz bar great location front desk valet parking rooms are small reading terminal across the street great stay within walking distance homeless people city view business trip enjoyed my stay historic sites
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 March 2021

Fabulous hotel in Center City - great views of the city. We were welcomed warmly and treated like old friends. The hotel itself is charming - the lobby is terrific. We want to return when the pandemic has passed and we are able to enjoy more of the amenities.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Evan Evans, General Manager at Aloft Philadelphia Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2021

Michael,

Thank you for the FIVE STAR review! Delighted you enjoyed our hotel and we will deliver an ever better experience when permitted to open our Bar and The Backyard.

We appreciate you choosing our hotel and look forward to having you back!

Reviewed 16 February 2021

I stayed here and had the worst experience of my life. During a global pandemic my room was never cleaned. I was given a dirty room that had hair and crumbs in the bed. On top of wine stains on counters. Once brought to the attention of management, I was given a new room. In the new room there was dried gummy bears in the corners. And women’s lingerie mysteriously in the corner of the room. This is disgusting and unacceptable. When I spoke to the manager he told me he was busy and would get back to me. I was given a 50% refund. No money could change how horrible my experience was.

4  Thank cjk1652021
Evan Evans, General Manager at Aloft Philadelphia Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2021

CJK,

Sorry you didn't enjoy your experience in our hotel or our efforts to resolve our issue. I wish you well in your search for another hotel.

Safe travels,

Reviewed 15 February 2021

When I first checked in my room had ants and I requested to move rooms. No one at the front desk said anything but, “oh, what room?” There I was nothing else said to me and I expected a little more hospitality. Once I did move rooms it was a much nicer view and the room was clean. I also requested towels and never got them and had to go down to grab them myself.

1  Thank pri2021
Reviewed 2 February 2021

Aloft Philadelphia Downtown was great. It was my first time visiting Philly, and staying here definitely left a great impression. The location was great, the VIEW was great and the interior of the hotel was gorgeous. The staff were all nice and friendly. I was kind of sad that o had to leave a day early due to the snow storm, but I'll definitely make this my go-to next time I visit.

Date of stay: January 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Evan Evans, General Manager at Aloft Philadelphia Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2021

Hi Walker626,

Thank you for the FIVE STAR review! We do have a great staff and gorgeous hotel. Can't wait to have you back when WXYZ Bar and the Backyard are open!

First real snow we've had in a while. Philadelphia is beautiful with a white blanket, consider hanging out next time.

We look forward to your return!

Safe travels,

Reviewed 10 January 2021

The hotel is in an excellent location, the rooms are spacious and the staff is friendly. You could have an amazing stay if you never run into their front desk manager Andrew.

I have never met such a malicious person working at a hotel in my life before. He seems to be keen on making your stay as miserable as possible. I had to extend my reservation and Andrew was refusing to do so. I had to wait until another staff member started their shift to do so.

Another evening I called to ask for fresh towels, and Andrew answered the phone. He refused the towels and hung up the phone!

A few days earlier a friend of mine was checking out of the same hotel, and forgot his scarf in his room, and Andrew refused to let him go back up to get his scarf.

When I started reading the reviews on various websites, I was not surprised to find over 5 negative reviews about the front desk manager just within last year! He even barged in into one of the guests’ rooms without permission!

I guess the manager in question must be related to their general manager mr Evans, or else I cannot see why such a rude disrespectful and malicious person would be allowed to work for an otherwise great hotel like Aloft.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank 732tjj
Evan Evans, General Manager at Aloft Philadelphia Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2021

Hello 732,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and I appreciate the comments about our location, spacious rooms and friendly staff.

I apologize your interaction with Andrew was not what you expected. I will address your comments with him. Your friend’s review was acknowledged in another response.

Respectfully,