3 people are viewing this hotel
Reserve now, pay at stay
PricelineUS$175
Expedia.comUS$175
FindHotelUS$180
All reviews city hall convention center bank vault wxyz bar great location front desk valet parking rooms are small reading terminal across the street great stay within walking distance homeless people city view business trip enjoyed my stay historic sites
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 February 2021

Aloft Philadelphia Downtown was great. It was my first time visiting Philly, and staying here definitely left a great impression. The location was great, the VIEW was great and the interior of the hotel was gorgeous. The staff were all nice and friendly. I was kind of sad that o had to leave a day early due to the snow storm, but I'll definitely make this my go-to next time I visit.

Date of stay: January 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Evan Evans, General Manager at Aloft Philadelphia Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2021

Hi Walker626,

Thank you for the FIVE STAR review! We do have a great staff and gorgeous hotel. Can't wait to have you back when WXYZ Bar and the Backyard are open!

First real snow we've had in a while. Philadelphia is beautiful with a white blanket, consider hanging out next time.

We look forward to your return!

Safe travels,

Reviewed 10 January 2021

The hotel is in an excellent location, the rooms are spacious and the staff is friendly. You could have an amazing stay if you never run into their front desk manager Andrew.

I have never met such a malicious person working at a hotel in my life before. He seems to be keen on making your stay as miserable as possible. I had to extend my reservation and Andrew was refusing to do so. I had to wait until another staff member started their shift to do so.

Another evening I called to ask for fresh towels, and Andrew answered the phone. He refused the towels and hung up the phone!

A few days earlier a friend of mine was checking out of the same hotel, and forgot his scarf in his room, and Andrew refused to let him go back up to get his scarf.

When I started reading the reviews on various websites, I was not surprised to find over 5 negative reviews about the front desk manager just within last year! He even barged in into one of the guests’ rooms without permission!

I guess the manager in question must be related to their general manager mr Evans, or else I cannot see why such a rude disrespectful and malicious person would be allowed to work for an otherwise great hotel like Aloft.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank 732tjj
Evan Evans, General Manager at Aloft Philadelphia Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2021

Hello 732,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and I appreciate the comments about our location, spacious rooms and friendly staff.

I apologize your interaction with Andrew was not what you expected. I will address your comments with him. Your friend’s review was acknowledged in another response.

Respectfully,

Reviewed 19 December 2020

My coworker and myself enjoyed our stay, view, and hospitality after a long day of work in the city. The snowy, sleet blown, icy weather was troublesome. We had a good nights rest to return to work in the morning.

Date of stay: December 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Evan Evans, General Manager at Aloft Philadelphia Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2020

Hi Pam,

Thanks for the FIVE STAR review! We are always open during storms and often provide a safe place to stay for those in the 'burbs. It's usually more fun when the bar and kitchen are open...but there's always 2021 for that.

Check with your employer, we may have established discounted rates for your company.

Hope to have you back when the weather is good, we have a great outdoor space and fire pit.

Stay safe and hope you have a great New Year!

Reviewed 8 December 2020

The old bank elements of the hotel are lovely; amazing light. I had one of the two bed rooms overlooking City Hall, and the views delighted. The private elevator entrance for guests of the hotel was a nice amenity during the pandemic. Once gatherings are allowed again, Alot has a lot of beautiful spaces to gather, play pool, and appears to have outside bar space.

Date of stay: November 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Evan Evans, General Manager at Aloft Philadelphia Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2020

John,

Thank you for the 5 STAR REVIEW!

We've got the perfect arrival pandemic arrival options with two secure key controlled entrances. When the restrictions lift, you can enjoy even more old bank elements in addition to the great City Hall views from our 25 foot windows in the lobby.

Wishing you Happy Holidays and safe travels,
Evan - GM

Reviewed 9 November 2020

I had to make a quick trip for a surgery in Philadelphia and booked this hotel with a flight package. Best booking I have ever done. Our stay was wonderful front beginning to end. Covid guidelines were practiced and the staff made sure we had what we needed with just a phone call. Supplies we ordered were left at the door to ensure safe distances. The hotel was clean and the rooms were every bit like their photos. Right in the middle of Center City and within walking distances to several spots. Will definitely book here again!

Date of stay: November 2020
1  Thank MelissaJ341617

Melissa,

We so appreciate the FIVE STAR REVIEW! Earning your return business is some of the best news all year. We look forward to hosting you when you're completely healed and ready to enjoy all the hotel and Philly have to offer.

We take our sanitation seriously. Protecting our guests protect each one of us. There are no compromises. We get it and will continue to do everything we can to ensure everyone's well being.

Can't wait to get you back!

Evan - GM