11 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
SofitelUS$167
Expedia.comUS$167
PricelineUS$167
Hotels.comUS$167
eDreamsUS$167
getaroom.comUS$223
4,074 results
All reviews rittenhouse square chez colette room service valet parking center city central location wonderful hotel liberty bell bonjour lanvin concierge libertad slippers closet conference
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 January 2019

When we first entered, the reception desk was empty and we were quickly given access to our room with no hassle.

The room itself was large, but was noticeably dated. Unfortunately, the carpets did not feel very clean, and we used the sandals most of the time. Another dated thing are the showers, which took some time before the temperature adjusted. The TV, while we did not use it, was small, for anyone who still uses them anyway.

The restaurant was excellent, courteous & friendly servers. The biscuits & gravy was good, as well as the coffee.

Though, people will come here because of the location, which is excellent, and in the centre. There are lots of things to see around the hotel, and everything is just a short walk away.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank gregoriusbenedicth
Angela B, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia at Rittenhouse Square, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2019

Dear Gregoriusbenedicth,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of Sofitel Philadelphia! I am delighted you enjoyed our restaurant, location and service. I will be sure to share your positive feedback with our team.

Additionally, please allow me to express my sincere apologies for your disappointment in your room and bathroom. I want you to know that I take your feedback seriously and I remain committed to the continuous update of our hotel. We are currently in the process of updating all of our guestrooms and bathroom showers, and this should be complete by April 2019. It would be my pleasure to welcome you back to our newly updated hotel in the near future!

Thank your again for your support.

Reviewed 18 January 2019

My husband and I were awakened very early on Sunday morning (after arriving late the night before and hoping to sleep in) by loud banging/construction noises in the room(s) above ours.When I notified the receptionist, I was told that several rooms were undergoing renovation.If I had known that construction work would be taking place on a Sunday at such an EARLY hour, we would have likely stayed elsewhere. And no apology was offered, nor any real compensation.VERY POOR customer service.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Angela B, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia at Rittenhouse Square, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2019

Dear Trip10009738392,

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback about your recent stay. Please allow me to express my sincere apologies for this noise disturbance, as this is not a reflection of our standard. Indeed, we are currently updating our guests rooms, however the team has been instructed to not begin the work until 10am on the weekends, and after 9am during the week. I will certainly address this and will personally ensure this does not occur going forward. I truly appreciate you bringing this to my attention.

Additionally, I am sorry we did not properly extend our apologies while you were with us, and I hope to have the opportunity to personally welcome you back to our newly updated hotel in the near future. Please do not hesitate to reach out to my directly should you decide to stay with us again in the city of brotherly love.

Reviewed 17 January 2019

As soon as we arrived we were helped with our bags. Check in was easy and we had a complimentary upgrade. The room was beautiful and very clean. It was perfect for a night away and getting ready for a black tie event. Have stayed in lower level rooms that were just okay - would definitely stay again if staying in a suite.

Date of stay: December 2018
1  Thank Compass670142

Dear Compass670142,

Thank you for this wonderful review! I am delighted we provided a nice night away for you while attending your event. I will certainly share this feedback with our team members as well!

Additionally, we are currently updating all of our guest rooms and should be complete by April 2019. We would love to host you again in one of our suites in the near future!

Thank you again for the support and review.

Agela

Reviewed 15 January 2019 via mobile

Every January for my husband’s birthday, we move into the city of Philadelphia for the weekend. Our stay this past weekend at the Sofitel was perfect. Whether it was the valet staff who handled our myriad ins and outs from the garage, the front desk staff that greeted us and made sure our questions/requests were (competently and professionally) addressed, the excellent Sunday brunch, or of course our comfortable and spacious room, everything was wonderful. And the location of this property, just off Rittenhouse Square in the primo center of the city, could not be better. Two staff members, Jack at the front desk and Andrew, the concierge, provided extraordinary service that requires special mention and thanks. We shall surely return for the next celebration.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Angela B, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia at Rittenhouse Square, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2019

Dear sjr27,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share this lovely review of your stay at Sofitel Philadelphia! I truly enjoyed reading about your experience with us, and I know it means a lot to our ambassadors. I will be sure to personally commend Jack and Andrew on their extraordinary service. Please do not hesitate to let me know when you decide to return to Philadelphia; it would be my pleasure to personally welcome you back to our hotel!

Reviewed 13 January 2019

The Sofitel Philadelphia is a great hotel with excellent service in a great location. The rooms are very nice. In addition the gym is very good, an excellent Wifi. And the location is convenient to everything in Center City. I have stayed here multiple times.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank rjoebarton
Angela B, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia at Rittenhouse Square, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2019

Dear Robert B,
Thank you for your great review and for your loyalty! It is always a pleasure to hear from our regular guests, particularly in regards to our customer service. I will share your comments with our team and know it will serve as encouragement to them. We hope to welcome you again soon!