3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
RitzCarlton.com
Agoda.comUS$303
PricelineUS$303
HurbUS$316
1,995 results
All reviews city hall club level lobby bar beautiful hotel room service high floor guest rooms broad street valet parking rc concierge arts tub renovation rittenhouse
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 November 2020

It is a late review but I hope it helps!

There are many points for compliments but also many parts for complains.

Compliments: Location is great, the staffs are friendly, the room's hardware are well designed, the room had excellent view of city hall.

Complains: There was spiderweb in window..., the room service took so long that we actually took a short nap, there are some damages in hardware that would be pleasant to be repaired.

Date of stay: June 2020
David Locke, Guest Services / Front Office at The Ritz-Carlton, Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2020

Good Day Icykingthebeast1007,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.Your comfort and satisfaction is very important to us. We appreciate both the positive and negative comments and will have our leadership teams investigate the situations that you experienced.

Thank you for staying with us during these difficult times and I hope we are able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 13 November 2020

Lets see: (1) Front desk did not acknowledge my elite status (Liftime Titanium). (2) Phones in room did not work since people on the other end couldn't hear us. (3) Toliet kept flushing after each use. Called the front desk (see point# 2). But they got the room # wrong. (4) If it was deep cleaned during this pandemic why did we find strands of hair everywhere on the bathroom floor?
At least room was very nice. And Ola at the front door was the best thing about this hotel; attentive, courteous, and wonderful to have dealt with.
Definitely not a Ritz Carlton level otherwise.
Disappointed.

Date of stay: November 2020
1  Thank Wilson L
Leonard Buckley, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2020

Good Day,
Thank you for providing feedback on your recent visit. I am disappointed to hear this was your experience. We appreciate your loyalty as a Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite guest. We would love to discuss your room condition/cleanliness further. Please give us a call and ask to be extended to the Executive Office.
We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you!

Reviewed 18 October 2020 via mobile

Highly recommend even during Covid. Jordan, Rose and James were superb. They bent over backwards to make everything perfect. We had a wonderful time. Best part of town- walked everywhere. We will come back!

Date of stay: October 2020
1  Thank besl1
Reviewed 12 October 2020

On par with the Ritz Carlton brand. Beautifully designed, in a great walkable part of the city. The room was a little smaller than I expected, but overall comfortable. Covid procedures meant some amenities were not available, but the gracious staff made up for it.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Keith2004
Reviewed 28 September 2020

I've stayed at other Ritz Carlton properties and I'm usually impressed. This hotel is not up to the standards of those other properties.

Pluses:
-great central location right across from City Hall, very convenient
-beautiful neoclassical building
-my room had an amazing view of City Hall
-the staff was attentive and helpful in my limited interactions with them

Minuses:
-the property is tired and need of a renovation. Worn carpet, drapes, and furniture in the room, scratched up doors in the bathroom. Beat up wood paneled elevators. The public areas have the feel of 30th Street station dressed up as a luxury hotel.
-I have stayed at other luxury hotels that have re-opened during the COVID-19 pandemic. Everyone is trying their best to adapt to the times, but this hotel missed the mark.
-One of the entrances was closed - fine - but you think they could do better than taping sloppy printed signs on the door.
In-restaurant and in-room dining is open with reduced hours. I get that. But when I checked in, I was told that in-room dining would be available until 10pm (it was a Sunday night). But the very confusing set of literature I received at check in gave conflicting information - one sheet said there was in-room dining available daily and another said it was only available Tuesday through Saturday. I called around 8pm and the phone rang off the hook. I ended up ordering Chinese food delivery instead. Similarly, I checked the confusing literature the next morning (Monday) and saw that breakfast was available Tuesday-Friday. I called anyway and was able to get breakfast. Breakfast arrived promptly and was good.
-No glassware or any other cups in the room mini-bar. I poured myself a drink in the little cups they provide in the bathroom. I don't know if this is related to coronavirus or standard.
-No beer available in the minibar.

In summary, this was a disappointing stay. This hotel is in need of a refresh and should probably be rebranded as a mainline Marriott after its next renovation. I will be staying at the Rittenhouse or Four Seasons next time I am in Philadelphia and I will certainly be doing my due diligence on other Ritz Carlton locations in the future.

Date of stay: September 2020
Leonard Buckley, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2020

Good Day,

We greatly appreciate your feedback. We would very much like to discuss this with you personally. Please reach out to us directly and ask to be extend to the Executive Assistant Manager of Rooms.

Thank you.