Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$154
Hotels.comUS$154
PricelineUS$155
eDreamsUS$155
CheapTicketsUS$154
Orbitz.comUS$154
1,572 results
All reviews boutique hotel bay window continental breakfast hard boiled eggs within walking distance discounted parking center city few blocks single room chain hotels walked everywhere fresh fruit street noise independence hall corner room location is great liberty bell
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 November 2020 via mobile

My wife and I love boutique hotels, therefore we chose the Alexander Inn over the more sizable hotels in central Philadelphia. It’s saving grace was the young gentleman checking us in because it was downhill from there even though we benefited from a room choice based on his knowledge. In short I’ll limit it to 3 downsides.
1. The bed had the hard rubber consistency of a trampoline, including its bounce
2. Breakfast featured a Jimmy Johns breakfast biscuit advertised by a picture poorly ripped from the product’s cardboard box
3. It’s decor is very, very tired

I see it generally gets good ratings. Each to their own I guess

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank jaggertravel
David Brouse, General Manager at Alexander Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2020

Thank you for your comments. Direct guest feedback is greatly appreciated. Although we anticipate exceeding expectations of our guests on a consistent level, we clearly missed the mark here for your stay. We thank you for your patronage. Although third party booking sites have become the norm for many and offer both speed and efficiency, they zero personal contact. Might we suggest a simple call to your hotel of choice. That call could provide a much needed first hand, knowledgeable response to concerns you may have and the amenities you seek. Thank you again for your patronage.

Reviewed 26 November 2020

We've stayed before , and will again! Location first rate, lovely rooms, cooperative staff. We had to postpone our upcoming trip.
Staff was wonderful about it.
Love the fact that you can actually walk from the train station.
Reading Terminal also close by for delicious food.

Date of stay: November 2020
David Brouse, General Manager at Alexander Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2020

....so sorry you had to postpone your visit! We greatly appreciate the feedback and look forward to your return. Stay safe and well and enjoy the holiday season!

Reviewed 28 October 2020

I stayed in a twin room that was just perfect for one. It was very clean and comfortable, with three windows in a bay arrangement. The ice machine and fitness center are in the lower level, and breakfast is served continental style with fresh fruit, boxed cereal, and wrapped pasteries. I would stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2020
2  Thank Katherine K
David Brouse, General Manager at Alexander Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2020

Many thanks for the very kind review of our Inn. Your feedback is deeply appreciated. We're glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 19 September 2020 via mobile

We had the option between this quaint little hotel and the very nice Marriott, at a smoking deal of the same price. We chose this adorable property based on photos and reviews, and we were not disappointed. Our reservationist was nervous that myself, my 14 year old, and my 1 year old would not fit in the small room, but there was more than enough space. The front desk agent even brought us a crib when I forgot my pack n play.
The staff was all so great and accommodating. They seemed like they enjoyed being there and genuinely enjoyed helping guests.
My daughter and I used the workout facility and the computers at night. The equipment was surprisingly modern and updated. The breakfast was a little different due to COVID, but we reserved a time and had no problems. My kids weren’t ready to come down quite yet, so the gentleman at the front desk brought me a wicker tray and let me load it up for the kids so I could let them eat in their room.
I’m used to a memory foam mattress, and the mattresses here are more stiff, but it actually felt wonderful on my back after spending the day walking around.
The location is perfect. As other reviewers pointed out, it’s right in the middle of everything. We walked to a few parks and the splash pad at the capitol building, and to the huge Macy’s, which was the first department in the US.
I would definitely stay here again, alone or with my family. I highly recommend this property over any chains. You can stay at a Doubletree anywhere, The Alexander is a true Philly experience.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
David Brouse, General Manager at Alexander Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2020

Thank you for your kind words and review of our Inn. We are quite pleased that you enjoyed your stay while visiting Philadelphia. If we may assist with any future lodging needs, please don't hesitate to call upon us.

Reviewed 9 March 2020 via mobile

We stayed here before and were quite pleased with our stay. I couldn’t believe our room this time. Very hot when we entered. Called the desk and we were told we had no control over the temperature. They suggested we open a window. No chair in the room. There was a bench to use when we raised the fold down table. This made it very difficult to navigate an already small space. Electric outlets were inconveniently located in the baseboard. Using meant getting on one’s hands and knees.
We will probably stay here again when in Philly but will ask many more questions about the room. The location is great. You can walk almost anywhere. The staff is extremely pleasant and helpful. I am sorry to have to give a poor review but we were unpleasantly surprised by our accommodations.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank LocalLadyLewes_DE
David Brouse, General Manager at Alexander Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2020

Although Covid19, has certainly been devastating to many small businesses, we are still here and thriving in center city Philadelphia.
May I first apologize for the extreme length of time in responding to your review. Due to Covid19, like many businesses, we were forced to closed on March 21, 2020.
After a thorough refreshing of the building, we re-opened September 1st, 2020 with some significant changes in place as they directly relate to cleanliness, safety, and sanitizing of guest rooms and common areas throughout the hotel.
We do appreciate your patronage and must apologize for the difficulties you encountered during your stay. We trust that we can exceed your expectations on any future visit to Philadelphia and the Alexander Inn if you allow us the opportunity.
Did you know that we offer seven different room types...each offering the same decor and amenities. The differences: each room type varies in physical room size and bed size. We hope that upon your next visit, you'll select one of our larger room types. Again, thank you for choosing the Alexander Inn.