Lowest prices for your stay
Marriott Hotels
Hotels.com
US$134
SAVE US$33
FindHotelUS$138
eDreamsUS$167
PricelineUS$167
All reviews m club positano coast staff was nice and helpful few minutes walk some great restaurants nice hotel historical area society hill valet parking is great stay front desk staff hot water within walking distance penn's landing bed was comfortable center city yogurt
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 January 2021

This is a great hotel. Pretty slow right now, but the lobby is beautiful and well appointed. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and super helpful on things to do in the area. They gave me directions on where to run, and where to get good food.

The rooms are very comfortable and clean. Modern and bright. I was in room 3116, which was in good shape, however the clock was broken (entire top was broke off.... not sure why housekeeping didnt catch it). Also a little surprised, no wash cloths in the room, especially when the hotel is 80% empty, I know they couldn't be out of them. But thats the only complaints I Have. I had a great night sleep.

Date of stay: January 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank JarodM
Ken Newhart, Guest Services / Front Office at Philadelphia Marriott Old City, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2021

Dear JarodM,

Thank you for taking time to write this review of your favorite hotel! It is always a pleasure to welcome you back and I am delighted our team takes great care of you when you are with us. I will be sure to share your feedback with them as well, as this is the kind of service we strive to be known for. I will certainly follow up on the feedback you have provided as well.

Thank you again for your support!

Reviewed 2 November 2020 via mobile

I needed a place to sleep during the day near my job. I checked w old city Marriott and they offered this. I had a 2 queen room. While the room very not large there was plenty of room to walk around the beds. There was an elevated bar area with a stool perfect for working on your laptop with 4 USB ports There was a small frig and keurig machine. I was up in the fourth floor and heard nothing. The bed was super comfortable. I had a large walk-in shower with sprayer. The bathroom in general was surprisingly large. My rate was for 6a to 4p. I spoke with the desk clerk and asked if I could stay till 5pm since my job started at 7pm. They were able to accommodate my request without any hassle. The lobby is spacious and well appointed. Unfortunately because of the pandemic the restaurant isn’t open but there is a nice Starbucks as part of the lobby. They have room service available 5p to 10 p.There are parking garages about a five minute walk away or valet is $50. The hotel is perfect if u want to see the revolutionary sites which are a few minutes walk or penns landing. There are restaurants again a few minutes away. The staff were very professional and polite. I appreciated their being willing to accommodate my stay request. Would def stay here again if I needed a hotel in Philadelphia

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank fall987
Reviewed 17 October 2020

This was my first adventures out from the pandemic. The hotel is centrally located and within walking distance to many historical sites, pubs, and restaurants (many had outdoor seating - which was a requirement), and sanitizers located everywhere in the lobby and floors. The rooms were nice...although my room was not serviced well...floor was never vacuumed. The only benefit to the hotel I found was the location. Hotel has no operating morning restaurant, parking is a joke at $50/night, $5 cup of coffee at mini Kiosk, and no benefits for Marriott Bonvoy Members. Staff was nice and helpful. My suggestion not worth paying the Marriott price for just a room. There are many economical hotels in the area which probably offer just as nice rooms.

Date of stay: October 2020
3  Thank mrmarutiak
Kristin Riccobene, Guest Services / Front Office at Philadelphia Marriott Old City, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2020

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Marriott Old City during your recent visit to Philadelphia! We truly value you as our guest and appreciate your business. I also appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding the cleanliness in your guest room and the amenities offered at the hotel. I have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team members so we can work to avoid a similar guest experience in the future. I hope you give us another try should you return to Philadelphia!

Reviewed 17 October 2020

A weekend away with a girlfriend to relax, walk around the riverfront, enjoy some delicious food and learn about history of the area, was so refreshing.... and, much needed. Thank you to all of the staff for your friendliness and warm smiles. Al, at the door, and Eric, at the front desk, deserve an extra thanks. Our double room was simple and clean. We used the room fridge for snacks that we brought. Because of Covid restrictions, amenities were limited. But, we understood that and adapted. The location of this Marriott is perfect. A friend gave us a self-guided online tour link for Society Hill. It takes a few hours and is a delightful way to get to know the history of the area. The Happy Hour small plate meal we had at Positano Coast, a block away, was the delicious. Coming back to our room to kick our feet up and relax was a pleasure. Hand sanitizer stations are numerous throughout the hotel. I'll be back... hopefully sooner rather than later.

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 30 September 2020

Then Marriott bought it from Sheraton. Tripadvisor purged all the old reviews which showed the massage decline in the hotel's performance. If you read reviews you can see the negative ones are starting to return. Service is nonexistent. Nearly all the employees try their hardest to let you know they don't care. Prices went up. They were high before but the hotel was worth it to us. I just booked at the Penns Landing Hilton after decades of staying exclusively at this hotel.

Room tip: Choose a room in a different hotel
Date of stay: September 2020
Ken Newhart, Guest Services / Front Office at Philadelphia Marriott Old City, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2020

Hello wdonovan, thank you for taking the time to tell us of your experience recently. I am so sorry to hear it has not been positive recently. I would love to find out more specifics regarding your experiences, if you could reach out to me directly I'm sure we can prove service is very much a priority. Once again, we appreciate your loyalty in the past and hope to be able to win you back over! Thank you