Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Renaissance HotelsUS$231
PricelineUS$232
Expedia.comUS$230
Hotels.comUS$230
Agoda.comUS$232
HurbUS$236
All reviews independence hall park view great location american revolution valet parking front desk platinum member boutique feel decent stay housekeeping service historical sites hotel is situated walking distance every employee choose this hotel wedding weekend our room was spacious
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 February 2021 via mobile

Given current times, cleanliness is an all-time importance and everything seemed top notch. For safety, there is no housekeeping service during your stay but you can request anything you need from the front desk; including complimentary bottled water.
The location was very close walking distance to the historical sites and a few museums. We parked the car in the garage behind the hotel and didn’t have to get it out until we were ready to leave. The garage is public and not part of the hotel.
We also ordered room service. Prices were a bit high, but it range with standard hotel room service rates. Food was fresh and tasty.
The room was very large and gave us plenty of space. Overall we had a great experience and wouldn’t hesitate to stay here again.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Dean_Amy-2004
Giancarlo Rodriguez, Guest Services / Front Office at Renaissance Philadelphia Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2021

Hi Dean_Amy2004! Thank you for taking the time to give us your review. I'm very glad that our safety measures weren't too much of an inconvenience for you. We are certainly trying to offer the best service possible to all our guests while dealing with an unprecedented situation so I am happy you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 December 2020 via mobile

Hey guys just real quick wanted to give Jin a S/O her customer service was a step above the rest. She made me and my partner feel like VIP’s when we checked in and not to mention the Hotel was super nice and swanky! If you are a fan of art and interior design this Hotel is gonna blow your mind! I definitely recommend this Hotel and ask for Jin she will definitely take care of you!

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Giancarlo Rodriguez, Guest Services / Front Office at Renaissance Philadelphia Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2020

Hi BEARDCEO!

Thanks so much for taking the time to offer us your review! I will make sure to let Jin now how pleased you were with your experience and her service in particular. It really means a lot to us that you stayed with us during these difficult times and that you had such a positive experience. Take care and come back soon!

Reviewed 22 October 2020

I rated my stay a 3 because it was a pretty average experience.

The location of the property is just FANTASTIC; it's literally right next to Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell center, a few blocks from the Penn's Landing waterfront, close to city hall, and not far from South Street with tons of different restaurants, shops, etc. I don't think any hotel in Downtown Philly is better situated.

The parking situation is a bit odd. The hotel advertises valet service but when you pull up there is no one readily available to provide that service (you have to go inside); however, there is a public parking garage literally around the corner and the rates are cheaper than the valet anyway (and FYI, the hotel uses that garage for valet as well, so you might as well save yourself the valet cost).

The hotel was clearly recently renovated and the rooms are uniquely and nicely decorated, and very fitting for the Philly culture and feel. My only gripes here are that the Black accent walls can make the room feel a bit dark and the lack of storage space is strange for a hotel (there's only like 2 small drawers and a SUPER tiny closet); seems an odd design choice when the room clearly has ample space to accommodate more storage. The hotel definitely has the feel of a smaller boutique hotel, which is nice if you enjoy that kind of experience.

The service was decent, but not as stellar as I've come to expect from a Renaissance Hotel. My biggest gripes (other than the delays in waiting for an elevator since they're small and the restrictions are to have only 2 people at a time in them or one party) were the lack of basic amenities that you would expect from a 4-star hotel, like having a little shop to pick up essentials or even vending machines.

Also, my husband and I have stayed at a few hotels during this covid era and it didn't seem like the hotel takes the cleanliness and disinfecting of public spaces and rooms as seriously or thoroughly as other hotels. We never once saw anyone wiping down anything in public spaces (and we were in and out of the hotel for 3 days straight) and we even saw one of the housekeepers cleaning one of the rooms on our floor without wearing a mask. I did provide this feedback to the hotel and someone got back to me right away, which was nice.

All in all, not a bad stay.

Date of stay: October 2020
2  Thank DereckNB
Giancarlo Rodriguez, Guest Services / Front Office at Renaissance Philadelphia Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2020

Hi DereckNB, thank you for taking the time to offer us your review and feedback on your stay with us. I did reply to you internally as well from your survey and I'm thankful that you received that quickly and I was able to address your concerns.

As an update from our communication I did already speak with the housekeeping supervisor and we were able to speak with the housekeeper assigned to that floor and will also re-address the importance of correct PPE procedure with all teams to reinforce the issue. We do so regularly however it is critical that we continue to do so during these times.

Please allow me to apologize for the delay with the valet service as we do our very best to meet every guest that pulls up outside. Our valet also work as bellmen as we've worked to staff our property according to the current needs and they were most likely assisting another guest at the time. I thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and I'm glad that overall you did enjoy your stay with us. We hope to be able to host you again soon.

Reviewed 8 October 2020

First off, the room was clean--I like the hard surface floors (no dirty carpeting) and the decor was all historic Philly related--loved that! There's a restaurant and bar right downstairs and we went to both. We were able to walk to Chinatown, Zahev, Reading Terminal Market and even Washington Square Park. We also walked to a Old Town Pizza and to a couple of nearby bars for happy hour. This review is way too late because I lost the contact info for the employee who was most helpful, but I just found it! The night auditor, Chun, took the time to recommend several Korean restaurants since my husband loves Korean food. So thank you Chun! The restaurant manager Kyle was also very friendly during our stay over Christmas. They both made us feel very welcome. Be warned--the check-in is hard to find as you have to walk straight through the lobby and turn left. It's in an alcove, but you only go there during arrival and departure, so--very smart to not have it front and center taking up a lot of their beautiful space. Just takes some getting used to. I highly recommend this hotel!

Date of stay: December 2019
Giancarlo Rodriguez, Guest Services / Front Office at Renaissance Philadelphia Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2020

Hi Marilou,

Thank you for taking the time to offer us your review. I will make sure to let Chun know you appreciated his help. There sure have been some changes since December right? However you will be glad to know that we are open, of course with new sanitizing protocols in place, wearing masks now but just as welcoming! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 16 September 2020 via mobile

We had a quick overnight and could not have had better hospitality and felt safer. Everyone was so welcoming and even greeted our dog with treats. Perfect location in historical area- great for walking. Tons of restaurants in the area. Very covid conscientious and clean hotel!

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Giancarlo Rodriguez, Guest Services / Front Office at Renaissance Philadelphia Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2020

Hi pugula, thank you for staying with us! We love dogs! Always have a few treats laying around. It certainly is a different time the entire world is going through and we sure are trying our best to provide a safe and clean environment for our guests to use. I'm glad that we met your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon!