“Zinc is solid gold”
Review of Zinc

Zinc
Reserve with OpenTable
Zinc is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #387 of 5,035 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: French
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: City Centre East
Cross street: Locust
Transit: 12th and Locust (Patco)
Reviewed 3 June 2017

My husband and I went to Zinc recently when we were in Philly. It's a small restaurant. we had been there some years ago. I'm happy to say it has retained its quality food. Service is nice. I had a delicious foie gras pate and scallops. My husband had a beef dish. Don't miss the small pot de chocolate -- a small but incredibly decadent dessert. Nice wine list too.

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

We had a lovely time at Zinc last night! First, they were kind enough to squeeze an extra person into our reservation. Being a small venue with tight space we truly appreciated it.
We shared the wild mushroom tarts with puff pastry to start and it was very tasty. The bread is served warm and we used it to sop up the sauce. For entrees two of us had the short ribs over noodles and mushrooms and should have gotten the smaller size option! The meat was very tender and much of it went home for leftovers:). Everyone else had salmon with lobster risotto and the plates were magically cleaned. Pot du creme was the smoothest and most delicious I've had and the fruit tart with apples on a buttery crust was heaven. Service was relaxed and warm and I would highly recommend it.

Reviewed 24 March 2017

Service apparently doesn't mean the same thing in French as it does in English.

We stopped by, an hour or so before our reservation, to confirm they'd received our request for a window table (it was a birthday celebration). They said yes.

We showed up at the appointed time--and they had given our table away. The French owner shrugged and said, "We don't reserve specific tables", only, yes, they had.

We accepted it, and placed orders for Steak/Frites. Mine came covered in gravy. The French owner shrugged and said, "that is how it is on the menu", except, No, that's not how it was described. I sent it back. It came back raw (I had ordered medium). The poor waiter took it back again. This time I just ate it. He was graceful and gave us a glass of wine on the house.

On the way out the owner said, "Happy birthday" and I thought really? That's how you treat people you know are celebrating an occasion?

Won't be going back. It has great atmosphere but terrible attitude and service.

Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

This quaint little dining room yields to the authenticity of French bistros a la Paris. The menu selection is diverse, peppered with innovative dishes that depart ever-so-slightly from traditional bistro fare. Their cocktails are superb. The meal presentation is also done well, and the ingredients are top notch. However, we found the flavors to be lacking in the escargot and seafood dishes, which were both overwrought with sauces and/or oils and butter. The soup (mushroom) was creamy and delicious and the octopus done to perfection. Servings were ample. All told, this spot hits the mark for a smart casual outing with friends.

Reviewed 8 March 2017

We visited Zinc for the first time on a Sunday evening. The restaurant was quite quiet and not busy at all. The service was excellent -- our server was knowledgeable, had a great sense of humor and took very good care of us. The food was typical French bistro fare -- nothing extraordinary but solid comfort food. We really liked their approach to pricing -- entrees have both an appetizer and full entree price -- made it much easier to try more dishes on the menu.