Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Autograph
TripadvisorUS$177
travelup.com
Agoda.comUS$177
1,415 results
All reviews city hall reading terminal market great location across the street courtyard marriott convention center within walking distance valet parking downtown philly central location beautiful hotel front desk staff would definitely stay here again love park liberty bell king room corner room
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 February 2021

I recently stayed here because my mom had an appointment at Temple hospital. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean and comfortable, especially important during these “covid times”.
The location is excellent. I look forward to going back and having the opportunity to walk around and see the area. There are a lot of places within walking distance to eat or grab a coffee.
Highly recommend! Will definitely stay at the Notary for all future Philly visits.

Date of stay: February 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 6 February 2021 via mobile

I stayed one night. From the friendly check in to the check out I was 100% satisfied with this hotel.
The entry and bathroom are tiled so no dirty carpet. The king room was spotlessly clean and I had been given a small packet of wipes at check in. The room was spacious with comfortable bed and best of all for me, a comfortable chair and ottoman.
They are taking Covid seriously in public areas.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 January 2021

Stayed for 2 nights with my family. Overall, I would not return to the Notary mainly for the lack of cleanliness and subpar service.

Pros:
- Unbeatable location
- The hotel sits on a historic building and has a beautiful lobby
- Upon check out, we unfortunately forgot some valuables in the room's safe. Called back and hotel's security held them for us until we returned.

Cons:
- Hotel seems to be severely understaffed. There was always only one person handling front desk, concierge, etc. No bellman or anyone to help you with luggage upon check-in or out.
- Staff is hit or miss, there was one lady at the front desk that was very professional and courteous. The rest of the staff members we dealt with were rude.
- As other reviewers have mentioned, the hotel has some kind of weird front door system which no guest could figure out. We would often find ourselves standing outside with other hotel guests waiting for the door to open. We also witnessed a guest trying to enter through this unpleasant front door and the lady at the front desk was literally shouting at the guest on how to operate it, but wouldn't move a finger to help.
- Room was not clean, we had stains in the desk, vanity, hairs, etc. Towels had big holes in them. The bathtub wouldn't drain properly so we showered with water up to our ankles every day. No cleaning services are being provided during the stay due to COVID.

All in all, although the hotel's security did perform well when we forgot our valuables, the room and overall service experience were not good and definitely not what you would expect at an Autograph Collection hotel.

Date of stay: January 2021
3  Thank Tquinta
Reviewed 9 January 2021

I had high hopes for this hotel as I like the "Autograph Collection" by Marriott in which the Notary is part of. I will say that that in terms of strengths this hotel is in a beautiful (lobby, wow!) historic building with a wonderful location next to City Hall and the rooms (make sure you get a room that is facing the front--you have to pay extra) with a magnificent view. Unfortunately, that's about all I can really say the hotel had going for it during this visit. The room I received, after paying a slight fee for an upgrade did have a great view--there is no denying it. But the toilet wasn't working (I had to open the lid on the top and jiggle the parts inside as I didn't want to waste time calling anyone), there was an old urine stain on the toilet seat, and the curtains on one side of the window were off the track which meant that they couldn't be fully closed--letting in light at night. But I think worst of all, while there were a lot of towels in the room--about 8 maybe--ALL but two had at least one piece of someone else's hair already on them!!! Disgusting. If the hotel staff can't be more mindful of that issue then they should be required to wear hairnets. In terms of staff--the balding young man at the front desk was of medium-pleasantness but at least was attentive to requests made on the hotel's app which I had downloaded on my phone. (Marriott's app.) However, the manager (I assume, it was some middle aged man wearing jeans and a casual top--not very professional looking) seemed upset with me that I had pulled the front door open roughly after having hit the buzzer to open it. Oh well--the front door in which you need to be buzzed in or use your key card doesn't work properly--it catches at the top and you have to keep trying to buzz yourself in or push hard to open it. Instead of reprimanding your guests about how to properly open it ("wait to be buzzed in") maybe you should instead get the door fixed. Sheesh. All in all, as I said, not a very great stay--disappointing overall despite the building being great and location too. Work harder to improve, Notary Hotel.

Date of stay: January 2021
3  Thank matthewr613
Reviewed 6 January 2021

The Notary is the ideal location for anyone wanting to discover Philadelphia for the first or fiftieth time.

The incredible central location - right next to City Hall - meant that all attractions were walkable from the hotel's front door, including Reading Terminal just one block away.

The rooms are spacious and beautifully appointed. My corner room – Executive Corner King (1509) – had an unobstructed view of City Hall and the downtown all the way along JFK Boulevard to the 30th Street Station (see image).

There was a large work desk, TV with HBO, a Keurig coffee maker, sofa, strong WIFI and everything needed for a comfortable stay.

The bed and bedding were excellent.

The bathroom was in two parts with the vanity outside the shower-room. The walk-in shower's rainhead was a delight after a long day, the towels lush and the toiletries luxe.

My only quibble was the basin itself, being quite shallow and flat, which meant that things tended to stay and not drain; ie when brushing my teeth I had to make sure I swished the water around to take it down the drain. A clear case of form over function!

The onsite restaurant Sabroso + Sorbo provides all day dining, serving fabulous breakfasts and evening cocktails.

The hotel's lobby is like an art gallery, with works showcasing the building's former life as an annex to City Hall. Built in the 1920s, most of Philadelphia's population would have walked these elegant halls, registering births, deaths, marriages and property etc.

I highly recommend this hotel in Philadelphia and can't wait to return!

--- Note ----

I stayed here when COVID-19 started getting serious in mid-March, The management and staff were keen to keep everyone safe even when the general public were ignoring the signs. They had hand-sanitizers out and were ahead of the curve with social distancing. I'm sure they have been delivering safe and conscientious service to their guests ever since.

Room tip: Ask for a room facing City Hall and breakfast in the onsite restaurant.
Date of stay: March 2020