“Best soup dumplings you'll ever have”
Review of Dim Sum Garden

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Takeout
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Reviewed 6 November 2018

There's nowhere else I want to get soup dumplings. Hot, sweet, salty, tender. Magnificent. Great prices. Huge place so even if there's a long line, you're not waiting.

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

Came here with my boyfriend after getting many recommendations for Dim Sum Garden. We ordered 8 things, 4 dumplings from the first page, and shao mai, beef moon cake, spring rolls and chicken on a stick. The dumplings all came out steaming hot and the sauce and vinegar were great. The chicken on a stick was also juicy and it tastes great with the vinegar and the chili oil. We had a long wait to get into the restaurant, approx. 30 min, and the long hallway in the back is cramped to get to the bathroom, but the food is great. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

Good very good ,staff very nice,right in China town, good prices,me and my granddaughter ate for 15 dollars, but be aware cash only,there is an atm inside the foyer though

Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

This is an efficient high turnover place with very good food. Not a place where you want to hang out and enjoy a slow dinner. There was a 20 person line when we arrived but we only waited 10 minutes. It was hot inside. It is a poorly lit space. Long and narrow. The dumplings and dry fried green beans were very good.

Reviewed 15 October 2018

One of the worst things people can do is to assume stuff. Nowhere in the entrance of the restaurant does it say this restaurant is cash only and does not accept debit or credit cards. I even stood up and walked to the main entrance to see if I had missed the "Cash Only" sign when the server brought the check, but there was none. It's 2018, and this restaurant is big and crowded enough to accept CC payments, but they don't. I don't have anything against cash-only places, but they have to let customers know that beforehand. It is very irritating when you have no cash on you or no debit card to get money from the ATM and they look at you as if it's your fault for not having cash on you. This was my first time to this restaurant and it is certainly my last. When I arrived in the restaurant, the server walked me to a table right by the entrance, and I never walked inside the restaurant, so if a cash-only sign is further inside the restaurant, I certainly was not going to see it, as I never ventured past my table. The good experience I had with the food went to waste by their lack of attention and because they assume guests would know this is a cash-only place.
On the other hand, their sweet and sour chicken was great, but unfortunately made me sick following the irritating incident.
Suggestion to owner/managers: put up a cash-only sign in the entrance of the restaurant and avoid other patrons to get irritated like I did. Thank you.